What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
10% of jb devices is A LOT I think. The lack of a jb stopped me from upgrading my iPad 2 to an iPad 4 as I don't want to own a Ferrari that only has second gear.

Currently I am watching the market to see what new tablets are released and the status of xbmc for Android, as this is an integral part of my entertainment system.

I bought an Android phone early in 2012 and tbh I was pleasantly surprised.

I am still thinking about it as both ios and Android have features thatI like and the other lacks, but a lot has moved in the last 2 years where Android was no-go for me.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Geeza said:
Jailbreak for iOS 6 is here very soon?

All you have to do is subscribe to this thread. Any announcements will be made in the first post. There's no way to tell how long it will be until an iOS 6 jailbreak is released.

Last edited:

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since planetbeing's post on reddit is newsworthy I have updated the first post ;)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
Well that is good news, everything is moving in the right direction, let's hope none of the holes are plugged when the next update comes from Apple

That's probably the reason that the jailbreak is being held back. No sense in giving Apple time to block the exploits with the release of iOS 6.1.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would it be good idea to update to 6.0.2 before its too late?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The big decision is what members currently jailbroken on 5.1.1 do when 6.1 goes public. If 6.1 patches the jailbreak exploits planetbeing, or others, are going to use for a jailbreak release we won't have any way to get to 6.0.1 when Apple close the signing window, and so could potentially miss out on the first ios6 jailbreak.
There is no easy answer to this conundrum :(
We can only hope for clear and precise information as soon as it happens.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The big decision is what members currently jailbroken on 5.1.1 do when 6.1 goes public. If 6.1 patches the jailbreak exploits planetbeing, or others, are going to use for a jailbreak release we won't have any way to get to 6.0.1 when Apple close the signing window, and so could potentially miss out on the first ios6 jailbreak.
There is no easy answer to this conundrum :(
We can only hope for clear and precise information as soon as it happens.

I suppose the owner of more than one iPad could upgrade one of them to iOS 6.0.1, in order to have his bases covered.

Most reactions