What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office App Comparison

Which office app do you think is the best?

• Documents to Go

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • iWork

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Quick Office

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
OP
R

RedCoil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yianniskyr said:
pages is very good but i want to put down for example color letters. i dont think this can be done and i believe if future upgrade apple will consider this.

Pages can do colored text actually. Highlight a section of text and click in the "i" icon. At the bottom of the menu there is an additional text options menu and color is in there.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pages is very good but i want to put down for example color letters. i dont think this can be done and i believe if future upgrade apple will consider this.

There is no problem with coloured letters in Pages. Go to 'Styles' and 'Text Options' and choose any colour you want.

Tim

cgreed87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great Post!

This post was exactly what I was looking for on the forum, as I just purchased an iPad and need to use it when I'm on the road for business purposes.

Does anyone know of an app that locks your files or your iPad with high levels of security? I access confidential documents regularly, and need to ensure that they are not easily accessible.

THANK YOU FOR THE POST... this helped me a ton.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cgreed87 said:
This post was exactly what I was looking for on the forum, as I just purchased an iPad and need to use it when I'm on the road for business purposes.

Does anyone know of an app that locks your files or your iPad with high levels of security? I access confidential documents regularly, and need to ensure that they are not easily accessible.

THANK YOU FOR THE POST... this helped me a ton.

The most secure way would be not to have them on your iPad at all, as long as you have a connection you could use an RDP app to access the confidential documents remotely.

The Archangel

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do any offer print preview? Can I highlight an area and save the print area when saving the file?
I already have office2 HD but don't think it offers it....or I can't figure it out.

Also if able set up print area as portrait or landscape when printing...

Last edited:

jps1012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which app is the best for handling an excel spreadsheet created on a desktop but needs to be edited on the ipad? I want to go back and forth from ipad to desktop editing a file originally created on a desktop. Thanks!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jps1012 said:
Which app is the best for handling an excel spreadsheet created on a desktop but needs to be edited on the ipad? I want to go back and forth from ipad to desktop editing a file originally created on a desktop. Thanks!

I use Numbers it is pretty good editing cell contents, adding graphics etc are well supported. However, you don't have all of the functionality of filters and data sorting available with a full office application. Numbers will support multiple sheets within a single spreadsheet.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

jps1012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jps1012 said:

I use Numbers it is pretty good editing cell contents, adding graphics etc are well supported. However, you don't have all of the functionality of filters and data sorting available with a full office application. Numbers will support multiple sheets within a single spreadsheet.

Does numbers work with google docs?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jps1012 said:

Unfortunately not. :(

jps1012

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Unfortunately not. :(

damn....I need an app that works with google docs. I am close to pulling the trigger on docs 2 go, but nervous since rim bought them that there will not be anymore big updates.

Anyone know if thats true?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do any offer print preview? Can I highlight an area and save the print area when saving the file?
I already have office2 HD but don't think it offers it....or I can't figure it out.

Also if able set up print area as portrait or landscape when printing...

So theres no way to format the page breaks as you could in ms excel? So I take this is a no?

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been looking for an office app, ie; document creator, and as I use Atomic Web Browser, which plays friendly with Google, I was able to use Google.docs and to some extent
Google presentation. If you need to create a quick document and don't want to spend $$$ for an office app, this might be just for you. Coupled with TruPrint (for those of us who don't have those one of eight printers) found in the Cydia Store I believe you'll be set. I only hope that Google apps will one day soon become more compatible with the iPad environment, especially the Chrome Browser. I use Hexxeh's Chromium Vanilla OS solely on my HP Mini and I like it a lot.

Cheers, Dan

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The excellent post that began this thread deserves to be a "sticky." In the absence of that, I'm bumping it. It should be required reading for anyone considering using the iPad in a quasi-business application.

Most reactions

Latest posts