What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office apps

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I already had Docs2Go and Goodreader to view but Office2HD and Quickoffice looked so pretty( I am a woman and fall for these things!) that I downloaded both. I find a Word doc that has graphs in it can only open in Docs2Go and Goodreader. In the two pretty apps, there is a blank square in Quickoffice where the graphs should be and in Office2HD, there is nothing but the text...no indication that graphs were even there! How disappointing! I also cannot seem to view any graphs that I have stored in Dropbox, Box or Google docs and download to the two not so pretty apps any more!

rkelac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Pages and Numbers. They look fantastic and are great to use on the iPad. They seem to keep a lot of my formatting and now they have improved MS Office compatibility.

deaffob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are female and love cute stuff, go with Apple's iWork apps. They look the best and they have the best compatibility. The latest update gave them the ability to upload to box.net.

Johan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.johanfoto.com
Try Pages and Numbers. They look fantastic and are great to use on the iPad. They seem to keep a lot of my formatting and now they have improved MS Office compatibility.

I changed from Pages to Docs To Go because Pages did not understand Word styles. Did that change?

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are female and love cute stuff, go with Apple's iWork apps. They look the best and they have the best compatibility. The latest update gave them the ability to upload to box.net.
Pages does show the document with graphs well. However, I don't see where I can upload to Box.net?

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tend to synchronise my documents by having the most important ones available on the MobileMe cloud, and also physically connecting with the Documents To Go folder across several devices (a Windows notebook, a Windows PC, an iPad and an iPhone 4).

I have to admit that when something seems to work, I do not necessarily poke around for something that works better or is prettier, but this works just fine with for me.

Although it's not the intent of your thread, do you mind if I ask people what exactly is "prettier" or in any way better with the iWorks applications? I've been tempted to try them just because they're Apple-designed, but I don't really need more complications in my life. :)

deaffob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Setup WebDav account in it. Box.net provides a free WebDav(Googledocs and dropbox don't :( !

Most reactions