What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd Circumstances

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My new eighth generation iPad came with 83% battery. I use it plugged in and it went down to 55% in a few hours. I kinda panicked! Next day I began at 100% but I was down to 65% after five hours. I was not happy but I didn’t scream or yell. The last few days I’ve begun at 100% but I’m down to 90% after six hours today.

The new iPad is behaving like it should now. I’m curious if this is normal or not? It’s almost like it needed the week to get comfortable with being used.

Ten months ago I had a new iPad but I can’t remember if this happened back then.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, it seems to take awhile for the battery gauge to calibrate itself. Apple suggests running it down below 20%, then charging it to 100% without using it at all (leaving it asleep) periodically, to keep the gauge accurate. Charging overnight is typically the most convenient.

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you. I just unplugged it and it’s at 100%. I’ll let it run down to 20% and charge it overnight.

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would also turn Bluetooth off if you’re not using it.

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you. I didn’t realize that Bluetooth was on. Just shut it off. I began at 80% at three pm and I’m now at 47% and plugged in.

Every day is a different result.

Most reactions