What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not printing from native apps

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a very popular Canon PIXMA printer and it's not supported by air print. Canon has an app but it only prints photos...
Not quite right. When you use the Open In... feature, you're also able to print files with the Canon iEPP.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@MorAase

There's an app in App Store which works with Airprint and non-Airprint printers. It's called Prime Print. There's also a "light" version, which is free, and allows to try whether or not it works with printer and iPad. It has all the features of the paid app, but files you print are watermarked. Perhaps it will help with your problem.

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, all that being said in last two posts is so nice and helpfull.

BUT. Just a reminder, my Samsung had no issues whatsoever on ios7. It printed perfect from every app.

All this started with ios8.
There are a few other glitches with ios8 on my Ipad.
A downgrade would solve my problem, I reckon thats no way to go ;(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reverting to iOS 7x is not possible any more.

Usually I'd suggest to update iTunes, backup your iPad, and restore your iDevice using iTunes, but it seems that's something you don't want to do. It would solve many update-problems, though.

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I know I should, but buying a brand new Ipad and the sync my photos and vids would be far more cost effective.

I might also consider a new Mini. I have a 2006 model now, that I have as a Itunes sync to my families Ipads and Iphon. The harddisk is overfilled with my stufff. And this mac mini is sooo slow processing.

Just tried prime print app. Sorry to say, it was of no help or use for me.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
May I suggest you contact the printer company directly? Given that everything works with that printer, I would hazard a guess that it's the printer's ability to interact with iOS 8.x that's the issue.

They may not have updated their drivers yet, so you won't see anything on their web site.

But, maybe a direct e-mail to their Customer Service center may get you an answer?

Marilyn

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Canon???

Just checked the apple support pages.

My Samsung Xpress M2825 dw is indeed listed as Air Print compatible
(With ipad).
So, ditching this, buying a new might not be of any help.

I am on a solution which I cannot resolve. My ipad says "printing to Samsung xxcx. That is wrong. The printer name assigned to it is Samsung Stua-ku. Hmmmm?????

Hurra. At last it printed something! After 15 tries, my printer printed a page from my Ipad, on which I could read:

URF ERROR - Incomplete Session by time out
Position 0xda
System h6fwsim/os_hook
Line 1507
Version SPL 5.65 12-23-2012

That was really a mouthful. I gues a set of Egyptian hieroglyphs would be easier to read ?

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And then i found sync thru web service.

The webpage "router" that controls my primter

Just logged in from my Ipad. Everything is ok according to the manual, even the Airprint settings.

Now Im really confused ;(

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The sync thru adviced that my toner is low, printout may stop
Please dont tell me, that this ios8 has a new gimmick that indeed stops printing when toner is low??

Everything is so perfect now, except it will not print. The name of it now reads correctly

(Ps. Of course it does print, to be sure there is nothing wrong with tha Sams, I just now printed several pages with Airprint from my macbook)

Guess its my Ipad air that must be ditched, getting a ipad air 2 instead ;)

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
..... and this is very interesting. As I said evrything seems perfect on my Ipad. I sent the same webpages to print on my Ipad. The same as I did on my macbook.
Oh yes it prints, all them twlve pages are spooled nicely in the Aiprint queue, waiting for sendoff
Oh yes, that samsung prints, it feeds the paper, make all the known clicks, but it does not do any actual printing, the paper is returned!

Next, tagliatelle all'amatriciana. Oh delicious! I know, I know this calls for bucatini, that one is hard to get in Norway. I cook it for 45 mins, with fine chopped carrots, stalc of celery, onion, a half garlic, lots of handcrushed tomatoes. I use small diced chicken instead of the pancetta. Last five mins, the tagliatella goes into my large pasta pot with five liters of boling water. And then, the ready pasta is dropped on top of the nice sauce, combing all, wait one min until the sauce really sticks to the pasta. I serve this with a massive snowfall of pecorino romana, and of course a Veneto red.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you verified that the soft ware on the printer is the latest Phone Samsung tech support Tell them the issue and that you are using 8.1 ios. Also reset the modem
The printer has a rom on board this may need to be updated via your computer

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Modem?? The last modem I owned was back in 1996. Or do you mean somthing else?
Nothing new on Samsung support pages. Same old drivers, not updated for ages.
Your asking me to write or phone Samsung. Well, eh, that is impossible in a small region like Norway. We have to call some office abroad. I could phone the usa office, but the phonebill would be astronomical.

I know what to do. Sell my Ipad. Get me a new air 2, or most likely the new tab S, that one is at least same brand as my printer. Kind of tired of this fruitsalad/mess, might be time for a change to lollipop - a more open and friendly architecture.

Last edited:
OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No such thing. We just plug the drop cable into a rj socket in the wall. Nothing at all we can do with that. Plug and Pray I guess, but it works, speeds at 50 - 100 way better than any adsl.

Most reactions

Latest posts