What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not possible to connect to me.com on iPad?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know lots have discovered this but does anyone know why we cannot connect to me.com via Safari on an iPad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know lots have discovered this but does anyone know why we cannot connect to me.com via Safari on an iPad?

Bizarre - I know - it's a 'feature' - can't be done - perhaps with another browser other than Safari but, for sure, you can't with Safari...

Tim

OP
Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, that site is exactly the problem

When you try to go to me.com to locate one of your devices you are automatically rerouted to the site you reference. You cannot get to me.com on your iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think it's something to do with the fact that me.com expects an iPad to connect using the iPad's iDisk app. From a PC you can do all sorts of other stuff at me.com, but the iPad is restricted to using the iDisk app.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mostly it's because me.com doesn't work right with the iPad's browsers, any of them, so Apple blocks you from going there and suggests you use the apps.

You can fool it into letting you access the site with a browser that can report itself as a desktop browser. Both Atomic and iCab can do this. But they won't work correctly with the site.

me.com was not designed for the mobile browsers, or Apple failed to design it's mobile browser to use all of me.com's features. One or the other.

OP
Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well then, there's one more bit of Apple Software that

needs more work before it functions properly. Many folks use an iPad in lieu of a lap top on trips. There is a very real possibility that their iPhone could go south while on the road and their only option to use me.com was the iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Last time I checked, the iPhone doesn't do me.com either.

Almost everything on me.com can be accesses by the iPad. You just use the apps instead.

OP
Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The point of the exercise is to let me.com locate

your iPhone and iPad when they go missing. Works beautifully to locate both. Just as soon as you fly to your house and fire up your computer to activate me.com as neither your iPhone nor your iPad will access me.com for some perverse reason.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
your iPhone and iPad when they go missing. Works beautifully to locate both. Just as soon as you fly to your house and fire up your computer to activate me.com as neither your iPhone nor your iPad will access me.com for some perverse reason.

Or you could use the Find my iPhone app. Despite it's name, it is universal and will work on both the iPad and iPhone.

Most reactions