What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double post from me.com on incoming email

Salado

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to forum as of today. 10 days with iPad. Have looked and cannot find this info on search.
Have 3 email accounts including me.com. For some reason anything coming in on me.com comes in double?
Going out works fine.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You might have your iCloud account set up twice. I've seen that before. Go to the usual Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and delete your iCloud account. Now go to Settings > iCloud and start it up again, if necessary.

When you set up using the iCloud settings, it does show up in the Accounts as well. However if you set it up twice somehow, maybe by doing the Add account first, it might think you actually have two iCloud accounts. Anyway, another person here had a similar problem to yours, and this procedure cleared it up.

Good luck.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet's advice is sound. I've also read that some people have had double email because of this:

Gmail will reforward you an unread message if you don't set it to do something with the message, like archive it. Go back to your forwarding preferences and set Gmail to do something with the message after you have recieved it.

(I snipped that from someone's post on another forum and pasted it, because we're not supposed to link to other iPad forums.)

OP
S

Salado

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I did as you said closed all accounts of me.com. Went back and opened and now works just fine. That was the problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts