What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Getting Charged For Apps

bolinao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
I got my Ipad 3 days ago and immediately started purchasing apps from Itunes.
Well since then i have bought about 10 apps and games from Itunes.
When i checked my bank account recently i have noticed they have charged me for only the first app and none of the rest :D.
The apps all installed ok and run well.
Usually when i bought music for my Ipod from Itunes store the money came out immediately.
So whats going on here,is there some sort of promo that Apple have running where go get some free apps ??...thanks

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fear not, Apple will collect. Especially if your apps are inexpensive, Apple might group them into one charge and send you an itemized statement.

STEVEMS2305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and.....they charge an excess application download fee of $19.95 for every groupo of 10 unpaid apps!

Just kidding :)

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That happened to someone else I knew about a year ago. He thought he got lucky and was part of a glitch. So he went crazy buying stuff, all the apps and such he'd ever dreamed of having for "free." About 10 days later he got an email with a special message at the top to the effect of "due to an error with our computer system, we have been a little slow in sending out invoicing" Then on down to the statement was "Total Due - $917.53"

So don't go on an uncharged app shopping spree, it will come back to haunt you.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People that think they are going to get stuff for free always get bitten. :)

OP
B

bolinao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That happened to someone else I knew about a year ago. He thought he got lucky and was part of a glitch. So he went crazy buying stuff, all the apps and such he'd ever dreamed of having for "free." About 10 days later he got an email with a special message at the top to the effect of "due to an error with our computer system, we have been a little slow in sending out invoicing" Then on down to the statement was "Total Due - $917.53"

So don't go on an uncharged app shopping spree, it will come back to haunt you.
LOL that wont happen to me,i only bought about $20 worth of apps :p

taudelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlike the Amazon Kindle account that charges your card immediately, Apple bundles charges into weekly consolidated billing, unless you charge more than a certain dollar amount. So, if you buy the 3 iWork apps all at once, you may get exceed the threshold and trigger a charge. Otherwise, it may be up to a week before your card gets hit.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always been secure in knowing that Apple will not fail to invoice me for any purchases.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is correct apple accumulates the purchases and bills at that time One can also go in to accounts in your log in and check on purchases You should receive an email when they take your hard earned Apple dollars lol.

Keep a copy of purchases so if you decide app was a bad investment you can email Apple for credit.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They probably do it this way because of the transaction fees. PayPal for example has a 30cent transaction fee plus 2.9%. So, if you want to piss off your friends, send them a penny (1cent) through PayPal, it'll cost them 30 cents to get it :D .

Most reactions

Latest posts