What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not able to install Apps - " This App Is Incompatible With This Ipad"

amron12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've managed at last to create an Apple Id account. since I wish to install Google Chrome and Youtube, I've tried to install them from the App Store only to get that message. now, I don't know if it's because an OS incompatibility - all I know that my Ipad is a model A1337. I've seen on the forum that there are a few Ipad sections, I don't even know to which my Ipad belongs. I will appreciate every piece of information and every help in order to be able to install those Apps. Thanx.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad is the original iPad (iPad 1st generation), which was released in 2010. The latest software it can handle is iOS 5.1.1. Google Chrome needs iPadOS 14 and later, and Youtube requires iPadOS 12 and later. That‘s the reason why you can‘t install these apps on your device.

OP
A

amron12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your iPad is the original iPad (iPad 1st generation), which was released in 2010. The latest software it can handle is iOS 5.1.1. Google Chrome needs iPadOS 14 and later, and Youtube requires iPadOS 12 and later. That‘s the reason why you can‘t install these apps on your device.
Is there a way to install a higher IOS version on this Ipad or there are previous versions of this softwares that will work? Is there a browser beside the Safari that one can install on this lpad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I went looking for an online site that would list apps compatible with older versions of iOS. Instead of a curated list, I found one that uses a google search of the web version of the apps store. Go to Google and paste this into the search.

site:itunes.apple.com/us/ "requires ios 2.0|2.1|2.2|3.0|3.1|3.2|4.0|4.1|4.2|4.3|5.0|5.1"

When you select a result it should take you to the App Store. If not you can search manually for the apps. Not all of them are still available, but I found several that were.

Otherwise, if you see an app you'd like to try in the App Store, go down to the Information section for the app and look under Compatibilty. It will tell you if the app will work on your iPad. Keep in mind this is a tedious way of searching. Almost all the newer apps, especially the ones you'll see promoted on the store are not going to work.

Also, if you search for terms like "Things to do with old iPads" you might find some interesting suggestions.

Good Luck

OP
A

amron12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx for the advise. I'll do that. Update - sorry to tell, I did just that and the result was "page not found". I'll keep trying.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you use Google Search. The Safari URL bar may not be set to Google search as the default. To be certain, go to Google.com and paste the search term there directly.
ABDB1C4D-653D-4884-B9C1-971CD0FC3170.png

Most reactions

Latest posts