What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad app incompatibility

IPadIntense

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just opened up my Ipad and the App Store had the usual update numbers
When opening the App Store, klicked update all
Got this message "this app is incompatible with this Ipad

I was able to update by tapping each individual app except for Pages

Got the same message

What gives?

Also, the Ipad seems to open more slowly, is this a sign of a potential problem?

Thanks,

BBQ_JOE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to update an ipad2 to the the latesest version and now it is locked up, every time I connect it to itunes is gets an error "iTunes has detected and ipad in recovery mode. You must restore this ipad before it can be used with itunes"

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was your iPad jailbroken? BTW, you have hijacked this thread, if you use our search function you will find other threads regarding this subject which you can post in.

The Archangel

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Known Issue.
Like the Pages application updates is only for iOS-5.
So if you are not on iOS-5 , you may get a lot of these...

OP
I

IPadIntense

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but how do you tell. When I last sinked my Ipad with my apple, maybe a week ago, it said I had the latest version. Never thought to think latest version of what.

Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPadIntense said:
Pardon my ignorance, but how do you tell. When I last sinked my Ipad with my apple, maybe a week ago, it said I had the latest version. Never thought to think latest version of what.

Thanks

Look in Settings>General>About>Version however, if you sync'd a week ago then I know that you are not on iOS 5 unless you are a developer.....which I'm pretty sure you are not.

So, the only way to get the latest Pages update would be to upgrade to iOS 5.

Most reactions