What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not able to get itunes/my pc to sync an app, why?

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, can some tell me why my pc will not accept an app ( xplane-9 ) to my iTunes ?
It tells me my computer ( dell laptop which I have used with my ip2 from the start ) is not authorized for this app. Actually it is listing 3recent apps I purchased.
Xplane 9
Easy talk
Speak4it
3apps among several more that I installed lately. The "xplane9" app is a 10.00 app that I don't want to be without it synced up to iTunes. The other 2are free and I highly recommend these 3 btw. Xplane 9 is an amazingly real flight app that has to be used to be believed, but I digress.
After syncing so much in the past I was surprised to see iTunes state my pc is not authorized to accept these apps. As of 24 hrs after installing these 3apps they are not stored into itunes among several that were accepted in the normal fashion. Please , anyone?

OP
Slimseven

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
C'mon people, need your help here. Anyone ever see this iTunes behave like this? My apps show up in notification center but don't open. iTunes states they can't be let in because my pc is not authorized for such an app. I will be at the apple store at 11am tomorrow anyway but the issue is keeping me from xplane-9 which I need to use.
I was all ready to save this app for my new ip3 and now this.

OP
Slimseven

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well 2 replies ,both being my own I guess I sound pretty desperate. I can say that being locked out of a 10.00 app sucks. Excuse my Brooklyn.
Anyway after manipulating multiple passwords which came from various nephews , my apps now open and I must be sure I'm good enough to try to sync these 3 new ones again. It was that process which caused the lock out ,for lack of a better term. To that one person who pointed out what should have been obvious, I thank you.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
This probably happened if one of your nephews signed onto the iPad with there account and then redownloaded an app for free.

Example, If I purchase an expensive app like Navigon. I can then sign on to a family members iPad and redownload it for them for free. The only problem is when you go to sync with your PC, since the app was purchased with someone else's PC it will not sync to your PC. Also every time that there is an app update, it will ask for the password of who ever purchased the app in order to update it.

Keep in mind that apple only allows about 5 computer accounts per iTunes account. So if your nephews gave you there password in order to authorize your computer for the apps they purchased. Your computer is now one of their 5 allowed authorized computers. The only way to reauthorize a computer from an iTunes account is by going into the iTunes menu on the computer you want to reauthorize and selecting the option to reauthorize this computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts