What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No iPad 4 section?

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No that the iPad 3 is out and is old news, I was expecting a rush of speculation & wish-list threads on the iPad 4...

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 3 section only came when it became really certain that it would come soon. So far there's not even a single rumor of the iPad. Also, there I don't expect many iPad 4 threads anyway.

Sent from K48

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll hear those ideas start any day now. If and when it better " blow My Mind "because as cool as our new features are in our new ipad3 they were all expected, predicted , and promised sort of. We need to invent again. We need to innovate again. 3 is enough of the same thing with different upgrades. Now Tim, it's time to do your impression of Steve and come up with something we need to fill a nitch for and do it in a mind blowing way. That's why you get the big buckaroos. They are big shoes to fill but I have met many appleachians and everyone loves ya and is behind ya Tim If you mess up its that much easier to catch ya and string ya up.
How about a fold up 10" ipad4. Folds down to redit card size. Everything segmented on invisible hinges. Or a two sided iPad. Double sided screen. Black and white on One side retina on the other. How about no bezel. Glass edge to edge, front and back. The whole thing smoked glass or tinted colors. Maybe a setting for a crude,ground breaking , mind blowing ,life sized holographic projections instead of two cameras of which one is enough. I love the cameras you put in this time Tim.
Get innovative for us next time out. Maybe a round iPad. I will admit my nonsense is beside the point. If you keep installing systems like you guys have on today's new iPad we will always be numb one. Because they work. Unlike Asus and the prime pad killer that was launched incomplete and untested. You guys are #1 for a reason. Don't screw up. Refer to the book of Jobs as much as possible.
Don't mind me folks, I'm sure nobody does, just excited to have paid for the ipad3 today. Having fun here. Can't wait to run XPlane9 on my retina dis. Wow

Last edited:

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The next iPad will not be called the iPad 4. It will replace the new iPad with the newer iPad.. And that then will get replaced by the newerer iPad and so on.

When the newer and newerer models come
Out, the predecessor and predecessors will become the old iPad, the older iPad and the olderer iPad.

Well done Tim Cook.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am curious why you would say this. No one has complained about the iMacs being called iMac regardless of which year it came out. Nor of the iPad Nano which is now 6 generations deep with 3 major hardware redesigns. In fact the iPhone and iPad are the last two major hold outs on version numbers. It is actually about time they fall in line with their siblings.

Darkstar2007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.iphoneforums.net
Skull One said:
I am curious why you would say this. No one has complained about the iMacs being called iMac regardless of which year it came out. Nor of the iPad Nano which is now 6 generations deep with 3 major hardware redesigns. In fact the iPhone and iPad are the last two major hold outs on version numbers. It is actually about time they fall in line with their siblings.

And I thought I was the only one thinking this. :)!!
Great point Skull One!

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And I thought I was the only one thinking this. :)!!
Great point Skull One!

Great minds think alike. Even if one mind is over twice the age of the other :p

*hopes everyone thinks Darkstar2007 is the older*

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also waffled on about this point, but it was on a different thread. Now an iPad can be simply an iPad and be updated and upgraded as the need arises without any fanfare and disappointment, though why anyone would be disappointed with these fantastic machines is beyond me.

Darkstar2007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.iphoneforums.net
Agreed. I truly didn't expect this much from the update!
The 4G and Retina Display really threw me through a loop. Makes me glad I sold my iPad 2 last week. I ordered my iPad earlier today. I couldn't be happier. :D

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if it be worth selling my gold Cartier Love Bracelet to purchase the iPad HD.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iLloyd said:
The next iPad will not be called the iPad 4. It will replace the new iPad with the newer iPad.. And that then will get replaced by the newerer iPad and so on.

When the newer and newerer models come
Out, the predecessor and predecessors will become the old iPad, the older iPad and the olderer iPad.

Well done Tim Cook.

Haha, nice
People really enjoy the new name ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts