What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no internet connection

lowa71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All, Im new here so forgive me if i am being stupid.

"Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet"

This is the message i get when trying to connect the the web. I have reset the network settings several times and also restarted the ipad.

My Ipad shows good singal stregth.(top lefthand side)
In wi-fi settings it shows i am connected to my router.
Router singal strength is good.

Any help would be great

Thanks in advanced.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See if another app can connect to the Internet - for example, try using the iTunes or App Store app - both of which require an Internet connection - to see if it's a connection issue or an issue with the Safari app.

Tim

OP
L

lowa71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim, no connection through itunes or any internet app, but it still shows there is a connection.

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have another WiFi device there? I'm trying to understand if the problem lies with the iPad or with your Internet connection. That WiFi icon on the iPad only shows that the iPad is connected by WiFi - it doesn't indicate that the WiFi/router is connected to the Internet. So if we know if another device - say a 'phone or laptop could connect to the Internet via that router it would help us understand more about the problem.

Tim

OP
L

lowa71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim, my iphone also has same problem however my (crappy) samsung has no problem connecting.

OP
L

lowa71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have disconnected the samsung to see if it makes any difference,

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am stumped at the moment...:(

iPhone WiFi won't connect.
iPad WiFi won't connect.
Samsung 'phone WiFi will connect.

So, I'm clutching at straws......

Your router password...is the first letter lower-case? The iPad sets the first letter of the first word of what it perceives to be a new sentence to upper case by default.

Tim

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Your router password...is the first letter lower-case? The iPad sets the first letter of the first word of what it perceives to be a new sentence to upper case by default.

Tim

Not when you enter a password Tim. Then it gives lower-case.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
L

lowa71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yea its getting fustrating as this only happened last night everything was fine up till that. I was on the net & the ipad just lost connection after a while of restarting and so on, with no success I then swiched to the iphone to discover same problem.

Everything else works fine through the router.

Thanks Anyway

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought, is anything else connected to the Internet via your router? The strong signal is purely the wifi signal. I had an occasion recently when I had good signal but no Internet and it turned out that a contractor had struck a cable when doing highways repairs nearby!

D'oh.....I should have read your very last sentence!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts