What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad will not connect to internet

Bkaye2020

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPad 2 with 3G. The cable company installed a cable modem in my house. I bought a wireless
Router and they connected it to the modem. All connections are good and all power is on. My IPad is getting a strong signal from the router. In wifi settings I clicked to choose that network but IPad and safari will not connect to Internet. I don't have a computer. The cable company said it would all work with just modem, router and iPad. What do I need to do? Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have another WiFi device - iPhone, laptop etc - that you can use to check whether the WiFi connection is actually also connected to the Internet?

Tim

OP
B

Bkaye2020

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim.............No just my IPad. Instructions came with the router about connecting to Internet. I used the setup wizard and got a message that the connection was alive and well. I got a message about "static IP address" and then a bunch of zeros in the spaces where the numbers go. I replaced the zeros with the numbers from settings on my iPad, but couldn't find any settings for gateway address. Thanks for the help.

OP
B

Bkaye2020

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried my friend's wifi phone and it wouldn't connect either.

Most reactions

Latest posts