What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcomer: couple of basic queries

terrypin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(Not sure if multi-topic posts are OK? Should I have sent two even smaller posts?)

1. How can I capture the iPad's screen please (e.g. to illustrate a problem)?

2. I have a hundred or so old emails displayed. Must I use Edit and then checkmark them individually, or is there a 'Delete All' command lurking somewhere?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Press the Power (On/Off) button and the Home Screen button at the same time to take a screen shot. It takes a few times to get it right. When it works the screen will go white for a moment and the screen shot will be in your saved pictures in Photo's.

There's not a Delete All button.

Good Luck & Welcome Aboard.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome!

Asking multiple questions in the same post is fine, but what they don't like to see is posting the same question in multiple sections of the forum.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, press power and home key at same time then let up... don't hold down waiting for the screen click... or you'll "reset" instead.

In mail you can go to edit mode then click on down the row, thats about it, however once its in the "trash" folder you have the "delete all" option

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pressing both at the same time can be difficult sometimes. The foolproof method is this (no chance of resetting possible):

While holding the Sleep button, press the Home button once. You'll see the screen flash white (if you have the volume up, you will also hear a camera shutter sound). Let go of the Sleep button. Once you see it flash, your screenshot is now saved into your Photos app in the Saved Photos album.

Most reactions

Latest posts