What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member!!

patsi58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo to all,I am a new member and hope to get some help here.I have an ipad 2, 16GB for about 3 weeks now and I have not done much with it, the shop assistant where I bought it set me up everything but I am a newbie and do not know much about the ipad.The wireless dongle doesn't work because the signal where I live is not very good,if I connect the ipad to my main pc and download apps how do they go to the right place on the ipad and how can I use facebook on it.
Thank you!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Patsi--when you download apps, it will appear on either your home screen. If that is full, it will than go on subsequent screens. If you are not having great internet connection, attempting to get on Facebook may be difficult. You will need to go somewhere with wifi to be able to gain access to their online site or one one of the many apps for FB.

Also:

Welcome to the iPadForum! This forum is loaded with invaluable information which contain topics including: General Discussion of the iPad, iPad Operating System, iPad App Store, Accessories, and Ipad for Business and Education.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country. See here:Regional iPad Groups

If you have not already done so, please take a moment to download the iPad Manual User Guide iOS 5. This is extremely helpful if you are new to the iPad world.
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Also, iBooks has the iOS 5 user manual here, which is nice to have in your library, iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.

How to post a new thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Finally, please take the time to read the Forum Rules:
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Best Wishes and Enjoy!

gooddog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey..glad to be here. I am beginning to use I pad and iPhone. Looking for spyware removal resources. Any suggestions?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi good...not sure about that. From everything that I have read regarding the way iPad sand boxes their apps, it is very hard to get a virus. Regarding spyware, perhaps others can help you with that...especially if you are considering to hack your device.

Anyhow--Welcome to the iPadForum! This forum is loaded with invaluable information which contain topics including: General Discussion of the iPad, iPad Operating System, iPad App Store, Accessories, and Ipad for Business and Education.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country. See here:Regional iPad Groups

If you have not already done so, please take a moment to download the iPad Manual User Guide iOS 5. This is extremely helpful if you are new to the iPad world.
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Also, iBooks has the iOS 5 user manual here, which is nice to have in your library,*iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.

How to post a new thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Finally, please take the time to read the Forum Rules:
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Best Wishes and Enjoy!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hallo to all,I am a new member and hope to get some help here.I have an ipad 2, 16GB for about 3 weeks now and I have not done much with it, the shop assistant where I bought it set me up everything but I am a newbie and do not know much about the ipad.The wireless dongle doesn't work because the signal where I live is not very good,if I connect the ipad to my main pc and download apps how do they go to the right place on the ipad and how can I use facebook on it.
Thank you!!

Hi Patsi - welcome to the forum! :)

First, follow several of the links given by Skimonkey to download the iPad manual to your device; my manuals are stored in iBooks, a free program from the Apple App Store which is one of the icons on your Home Screen; apps can be obtained there and loaded directly to your iPad if you have a Wi-Fi connection, or can be synced from your computer w/ the iPad attached.

Second, I don't use Facebook but your iPad has a web browser called Safari which can be used for that site; of course, you will need a Wi-Fi or 3G connection - also just noticed that there is a free iPad app available for Facebook - the reviews are mediocre and I have no experience using it; again a Wi-Fi connection would be needed.

Finally, you might want to explain and be more specific concerning your 'wireless dongle' and 'signal..not very good' - might help other posters to offer better advice? The iPad can connect to other Wi-Fi networks so if you have an 'internet cafe' in your area, then that would be an option? Good luck and please post if you have other questions or if any of these suggestions remain confusing!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey..glad to be here. I am beginning to use I pad and iPhone. Looking for spyware removal resources. Any suggestions?

Hi Gooddog - welcome to the forum! :) Now, you should have started a new thread instead of 'burying' your unrelated question in the OP's introductory post - trying to address different issues in one thread is not only confusing but may not receive the attention desired - sorry!

But concerning your question, take a look at my post in THIS THREAD - the simple answer is you do not need AV/malware software on your iPad - hope to see you posting.

Most reactions

Latest posts