What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member with bookmark question

gypsyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,
New here and new to the ipad3. I am spoiled already. My laptop just sits gathering dust. The resolution is so easy on the eyes. I researched a question here on alpabetizing bookmarks. I hit edit and drag the bookmark where I want it to be. It moves there and stays there till I hit done. Then it goes back to where it was. Why will it not stay in the alpha position?
Thanks

Gypsyman

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I am interested in knowing if this is possible. I just tried myself, and could not do it.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Well this is strange, I've just done my bookmarks, both the main index and some sub folders and mine are staying the way I've edited them. Close the safari app completely and see if this makes a difference. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, let us know how you go.

2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html

Enjoy!

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum! We hope you enjoy your time with us. It seems Leelai is on the case with your answers!

We also have a gaming section. There is bound to be something there you like.
iPad Games
iPad Game Specific

Again Welcome and We hope you Enjoy Your Time Here!

Fleur

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,
New here and new to the ipad3. I am spoiled already. My laptop just sits gathering dust. The resolution is so easy on the eyes. I researched a question here on alpabetizing bookmarks. I hit edit and drag the bookmark where I want it to be. It moves there and stays there till I hit done. Then it goes back to where it was. Why will it not stay in the alpha position?
Thanks

Gypsyman

Hi There-

One of our other Super Moderator's, Mickey330, answered this same question in another thread. See the link below-I think this is what you were looking for.

Mickey330's solution on alphabetized bookmarks:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/75761-there-app-does-anybody-know-how.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/75761-there-app-does-anybody-know-how.html

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi There-

One of our other Super Moderator's, Mickey330, answered this same question in another thread. See the link below-I think this is what you were looking for.

Mickey330's solution on alphabetized bookmarks:

Yes that's how I did mine and I thought the OP was doing it this way also from his description but it wasn't staying there for him.
So something else was going amiss here.

I hope he let's us know if closing the app has made a difference.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Well this is strange, I've just done my bookmarks, both the main index and some sub folders and mine are staying the way I've edited them. Close the safari app completely and see if this makes a difference. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, let us know how you go.

You can just tap on the home screen to make the multi task bar go away.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good catch-I didn't see that part! Hope to hear back from him and hope the fix was just closing out.

OP
G

gypsyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Success. Closing all the apps allowed my bookmarks to stay in alpha order. Thank you all for solving a nagging problem. Very nice of you all to take the time to share. This thread may save others from bookmark heartburn.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Success. Closing all the apps allowed my bookmarks to stay in alpha order. Thank you all for solving a nagging problem. Very nice of you all to take the time to share. This thread may save others from bookmark heartburn.

Alright, seems like Leelai's recommendation helped you! Hope she comes around to see that!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well that's is good to hear....and thank you for letting us know that this solved your problem.

Most reactions