What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member "hello!" :)

whitewave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!
I am brand new here...just wanted to introduce myself to the forums. :)
I have been married for 32 years, Mom to eight children (all grown) & Grandma to one (so far).
My life is quite full, as I am a freelance Artist & I also love to read & garden. The family keeps me quite busy, of course ~ even tho' they are all old enough to butter their own bread it seems that a Mom's work is never done! But I love it...:D...
I don't actually own an iPad yet, but I plan to very soon. I am looking for a second computer for myself that is small *very portable*, with all the features for which Apple is famous, and affordable. This one seems to fit the bill very nicely ~ and any information you could share would be very helpful.
I have heard that it is alot like the iPhone & I have seen that in action so I know somewhat of what to expect...but family members have Apple laptops & tell me all the time how great this company is, how advanced they are in manufacture & technology, and after watching the demo video @ the website I cannot wait to get my hands on one!!

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, glad to have you aboard. Glad you are excited to get one, should be very similar to a huge iPhone with better software and more capabilities.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, glad to have you aboard. Glad you are excited to get one, should be very similar to a huge iPhone with better software and more capabilities.

Welcome! :)

I'd also like to add to JohnnyApple's comment- I think this device will be much easier for reading news & ebooks and browsing the web since it is much larger than the iPhone. Great for using in the home or while out and about.

Dennis

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums.net! Be sure to let us know your thoughts once you finally get yours hands on one!!

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome!

Welcome to the club! Both iPad Forums as well as Apple products. :)

And from what I read from your post, seems like your already sold on the new iPad, I think you made a Wise and resourceful decision to buy one for yourself.

And who knows, with all that family they will see Moms/Grandma's and want one too because you will be so cool and carefree with your own, they wont be able to help themselves not to. :ipad-movie:

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the ipad forums.:). Hope you enjoy your stay, and the ipad!

OP
W

whitewave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol...

You guys are too funny! :D
I know my family will LOVE it, once I do get it ~ and the sooner the better.
I have an Asus laptop *which I love* but even that sometimes gets tedious carrying about the house; I'm hoping the iPad will be as handy to carry around as a book!
My son-in-law is a programmer/web designer & he is COMPLETELY Apple ~ all the way. I know he will laugh when I tell him that mine has arrived! He'll probably want to stop by after work to check it out! ;)
I'll keep you all posted when I get one; I'm hoping soon, but I was told @ the Apple site that they are not available yet...do you all have yours?
And thanks so much for the warm & friendly welcome! :)

Dallasfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
welcome young lady,.....I need a date.......please Ipad ....give me a date....i need to take off ,,,,of work so I can wait in line.....

Most reactions

Latest posts