What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member, free iPad, checkout the UID#! could this get any better?

Envuks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Won a 32gb, 3G iPad... Life is good. I only registered to post the info below (cross-post from news forum) about the grandfathered unlimited plan as it seemed not to be anywhere on the web.... My UID # might get me to stick around for a little. :p

"I won a 3G iPad last Friday. I have yet to sign up for 3G access and it does give me the unlimited option... I called apple to discuss how the grandfathering actually works, here's the scoop:

The only way to keep the unlimited plan is to sign up for it and never cancel. As soon as you sign up for another option or cancel the unlimited plan (if you already have it) the option will go away and never return.

Bottom line is that if you have it and want it, don't cancel it... I registered just to post this as I spent a while searching the web and there were no specific posts.

Personally, I'm going to wait a little while longer to make my decision.... Might not buy any plan and keep the "collectors item" version. I figure that I won't need a plan once I upgrade to the iPhone 4... I'm still on the 2g dinosaur

I hope others find this info useful."

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. But if you wait too long and can't get the unlimited plan anymore you are going to be kicking yourself for waiting.

OP
E

Envuks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a fair point. I don't know how long I'll have the option for... Found the "Star Walk" app which is worth to unlimited plan by itself

tluv00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you. I won a 32 GB 3G and just activated on Monday. I was able to get the unlimited 3G through the device itself for $29.99 on Monday. I am worried they are going to try to take it away since it was after the supposed Jun 7th date but oh well. Free iPad works for me.

Most reactions