What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Joby GorillaMobile Yogi for ipad2

Djrich1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hs anyone else seen or own this case? It just got released for the new iPad but there is a previous version for the original iPad.
I have used the smart cover but did not like it because it was hard to adjust to a good view when lying down or in other awkward positions. I then purchased the otter box defender but found that to be to bulky and heavy. It took away from the design.
I finally stumbled onto this case at a local electronic store but it was for the first iPad. This case is perfect for me as I use my iPad when in bed or lying down on the sofa. You can prop it any way and even hang it from something. Countless positions can be achieved with this case and best of all the legs are removable.
Joby just announced the release of the new case that will fit ipad2. I ordered mine and should have it by Tuesday 14th. I will update with reviews and pictures.
They also offer another model the ori which seems pretty cool too.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had this been available for the iPad 2 at the time I might have purchased it instead of the InCase Origami Workstation, back protector from Speck, and Apple Wireless Keyboard.

Instead, I would have used the Microsoft 6000 Mobile keyboard and the Joby GorillaMobile to get an excellent bluetooth keyboard (superior in some ways to the Apple Wireless keyboard) and a stand for holding the iPad in place for typing (and much else.)

Only downside for those that use the SmartCover is that it appears the case doesn't work with it in place. Too bad, but their Ori is another alternative if one wants a full case with a screen cover.

Last edited:

joeinblu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the original one for the first iPad and was my case of choice with my iPad. Now with my iPad 2, while I waiting for the new Yogi, I've been using the old Yogi with the smart cover and it works. It's not a perfect fit, can't use the volume buttons and the sleep/wake button, but it works fine otherwise.

Now my dilemma is should I get the new Yogi and not be able to use the smart cover and have the screen unprotected, or just keep using the old Yogi with the smart cover and just live with not being able to use the volume and sleep/wake buttons and larger footprint. I wish Joby would make a Yogi that can be used with the smart cover like other shells out in the market.

OP
D

Djrich1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sorry for the delayed response/post, I am on vacation. I too was concerned about a screen protector to use with my new yogi but have found that a screen protector along with the yogi case works great. The case has a rubber/plastic bezel which doesn't let the screen touch the surface when put down on the screen side.
I am very satisfied with my case. If I had to choose between smart cover or yogi it would be the yogi all the way.
BTW I almost bought the first version before this new one came out for my ipad2 but did not like the way it fit. Seemed like the pad would fall out of the case.

Most reactions

Latest posts