What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joby Gorillamobile ORI

piscoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is any one using the Joby Gorillamobile ORI for iPad 2? I'm very interested in the case/stand and think it a handsome piece of machinery. The video reviews are scarce as well as written reviews for the second version. I was concerned with two items, the first being the "wobble" in some of the positions and the microfiber side of the ORI. I would be using the stand primarily in the "page turner" mode, this is where I am concerned about the wobble, when swiping and tapping pages could be a problem. The microfiber that protects the screen also folds out to be the base, does the microfiber flap when folded back to its closed position does it rest on the iPad screen or the edges of the folio?

firoze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
piscoot said:
Is any one using the Joby Gorillamobile ORI for iPad 2? I'm very interested in the case/stand and think it a handsome piece of machinery. The video reviews are scarce as well as written reviews for the second version. I was concerned with two items, the first being the "wobble" in some of the positions and the microfiber side of the ORI. I would be using the stand primarily in the "page turner" mode, this is where I am concerned about the wobble, when swiping and tapping pages could be a problem. The microfiber that protects the screen also folds out to be the base, does the microfiber flap when folded back to its closed position does it rest on the iPad screen or the edges of the folio?

I too wondered about these issues but nonetheless went ahead and ordered one. I'll
have it next week and will post a report on it. Meanwhile if anyone else has any experience with the Ori, either for iPad 1 or 2, it would be interesting to read your views on it....

OP
piscoot

piscoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
firoze said:
I too wondered about these issues but nonetheless went ahead and ordered one. I'll
have it next week and will post a report on it. Meanwhile if anyone else has any experience with the Ori, either for iPad 1 or 2, it would be interesting to read your views on it....

Joby via their Facebook page commented on the microfiber "the iPad screen and frame are almost flush so the microfiber cover rests on both of them"
I look forward to your input, I almost hit the order button today! By the way where did you place the order through Joby or Amazon?

firoze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered it from Amazon because it was cheaper than ordering directly from Joby. However one of the commentators on Amazon it was not the cheapest place to get it from but I could not find it cheaper elsewhere.

OP
piscoot

piscoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
firoze said:
I ordered it from Amazon because it was cheaper than ordering directly from Joby. However one of the commentators on Amazon it was not the cheapest place to get it from but I could not find it cheaper elsewhere.

Was wondering your thoughts on the ORI

firoze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
piscoot said:
Was wondering your thoughts on the ORI

I will try to write a full review as and when I have time, but let me say here and now that the Ori has transformed my iPad user experience in the most positive way! Having used it for a couple of days, I now cannot imagine using the iPad without it....

It is beautifully engineered and precision made. Considering that it costs the same as a Apple leather Smart Cover, it is excellent value for money.... Very highly recommended!

Most reactions

Latest posts