What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neofonie Caves to Apple

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rumors are circulating that under pressure from Apple the German tablet maker Neofonie has changed the name of its iPad competitor from WePad to WeTab.

Source: crunchgear.com

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt it is from pressure from Apple as much as a need to be more than an iPad Too. I am sure that any attempt to use the name WePad would bring about copyright infringement challenges, but can any competitor be taken seriously with an obvious ripoff name. It sounds like a cheap chinese knockoff. And there is no advantages to the name. iPad is a link to the traditional naming plan of Apple. A new product needs to have a distinctive name.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt it is from pressure from Apple as much as a need to be more than an iPad Too. I am sure that any attempt to use the name WePad would bring about copyright infringement challenges, but can any competitor be taken seriously with an obvious ripoff name. It sounds like a cheap chinese knockoff. And there is no advantages to the name. iPad is a link to the traditional naming plan of Apple. A new product needs to have a distinctive name.

WeeCrap

That should do it.

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WeeCrap[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

That should do it.
[/CENTER]

Why do you say that?

Seems to me that the specs are much better and the price is significantly cheaper (at least in Europe).

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Neofonie's WePad is just a copy cat. I would say that Apple iPad is better compared to the WePad. I would still pick the original creator and give credit for its brilliant ideas. Of course, I won't go for the second best. I would definitely choose the best!

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I watched the WeePad video. All I saw was a video monitor looking like an iPad bit streaming nonsense. In other words I saw no 'real' life ineraction with the device.

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know (or care) much about what the "Wee-whatever" is all about. I know the iPad will stomp it into tomorrow as a better device. Question I have is why would anyone want to use the ????Pad name for anything in the first place (other than to try and associate its self as an iPad'esque device). Sorry folks but one of very few things I really don't care about the iPad is its name. Besides sounding like some sort of electronic feminine hygiene product, there's probably a dozen better names that the high paid marketing team at Apple could have come up with. I even prefer iTab over iPad. Uncle Steve probably has a number of good reasons why he let such great device have such an uninspiring name ... I'd really love to hear a few of them.:)

Most reactions