What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is DELL thinking ? Ipad Fail??

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love reading what other companies say about Apple,,,,,This one takes the cake....

Quote Apple insider today

iPad fail?

Andy Lark, Dell's global head of marketing, told Lisa Banks of CIO Australia on Tuesday that Apple's iPad will eventually succumb to Dell's Android- and Windows-based tablets because of pressure from an open enterprise market.

Lark congratulated Apple for igniting the tablet opportunity with the iPad, while predicting that the device will ultimately fall to more "open" competitors. “I couldn’t be happier that Apple has created a market and built up enthusiasm but longer term, open, capable and affordable will win, not closed, high price and proprietary,” Lark said. “[Apple has] done a really nice job, they’ve got a great product, but the challenge they’ve got is that already Android is outpacing them.

"Apple is great if you’ve got a lot of money and live on an island. It’s not so great if you have to exist in a diverse, open, connected enterprise; simple things become quite complex,” Lark added.

According to Lark, the high cost of additional accessories for the iPad makes the tablet inaccessible. “An iPad with a keyboard, a mouse and a case [means] you’ll be at $1500 or $1600; that’s double of what you’re paying," he said. "That’s not feasible.”

Lark's figures, however, are confusing, as it is unlikely that a keyboard, mouse and case would cost the same as an iPad. For instance, purchasing Apple's leather Smart Cover, BlueTooth keyboard and Magic Mouse would cost just $207.
End quote

He thinks the ipad requires a mouse and keyboard OMG

Last edited:

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure Apple will hold it's own in any market. They have something that android doesn't......a name you can trust.. I would rather pay a little more for a quality product than less and money and have to spend many hours on the line with tech support and have multiple exchanges.. Android has recently been hit with some type of virus that is wonderful "open" system could not protect them from...... I believe Apple users will probably opt for a iPad and then jailbreak before the android

Berghammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Priceless!!!

Hmm... Andy must have forgotten one of life's basic rules: «If you're going to say something really stupid, don't do it in a room full of journalists.»

Thanks for providing a good laugh as I begin my day. :D

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is funny when marketing gets carried away with it's own bullshit. If you're going to attack a product, at least do your research (isn't that what marketing is all about, research?).

To come out with the mouse comment alone makes him look an utter arse, let alone the wildly inaccurate costs quoted for accessories. Also the assumption that everyone needs a keyboard (or mouse) also shows a total lack on knowledge of the market he is supposed to be in.

In a word, 'gimp'.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree it will take the cake as the most stupid remark made this year.

I choked on my Fosters lol when I read it. I actually looked at the date to see if it was 1984 lol Oh wait no it is today.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol a mouse?!

i remembered someone on this forum wanted a mouse though. :p

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Man, I wish I could've been the guy to break the news to him. "Uh, boss? Has anyone told you that the iPad doesn't support, let alone use, a mouse? If not, please let me be the first to say it to you now." His reaction must've been priceless.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He's right tho, look at how much of a fly by night fad the iPhone was....I mean nobody has those things...what with their $600 case and $900 mouse attachment!!!

After all, this:

Motorola_Cellular-One_Cell-Phone_web.jpg

Is all anybody needs!!!

And don't forget that windows tablet pcs have basically been the most successful platform of all time, selling more than DVD players...

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Words fail me, so here's a picture (with some help from a Japanese friend) instead:

godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm.jpg

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Explains why I long ago decided never again to buy a Dell product. With that type of forethought, and hold on reality, they do not need my money.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read this story out to my sister over dinner, and she said, "Whatever that man's smoking, I want some, too."

Most reactions

Latest posts