What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neeing input on security of notes...

needinput

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looked around in many areas for an answer to this one, just haven't found it yet! Please guide/direct - much appreciated!

I would like to create/modify and retain notes on the iPad with sensitive confidential information. No, nothing like plots and undercover exciting stuff, just work items that need to be maintained behind double locks. I have been researching some methods, and it seems like I need a folder that is encrypted. Currently I use One Note on a laptop, but want to move it over onto the iPad. I need to be able to protect multiple workbooks, folders, and files. I see options that would allow me to encrypt one file at a time, but that seems very time consuming. I would also like the option to sync the folder between laptop and iPad. Any thoughts? I am looking into Notes+, One Note, Evernote, MobileNoter to name a few. I just don't see the encryption option that I am satisfied with. Again, I am not interested in JUST a secure transfer of the information, I need to keep the info protected at all times. That includes keeping the information inaccessible from staff at Dropbox, iCloud, etc. Seems like I need to encrypt it locally at the workbook level, then transfer, then decrypt all at the workbook level. Too much to ask? Any thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Most reactions