What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to add notes

HomesteadDon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to Apple and fairly new to computers and Internet. Just picked up the iPad 2. I uploaded a file by e-mail to pages. I would like to copy some of it to notes. I assume I have to highlight what I want and somehow copy it and then paste in Notes. Can someone give me the steps?

Also I uploaded a form to iBooks and want to add info on to the form each day and save it, keeping the original form blank. However when I try to write on the form the letters are too big. I enlarge the form but the letters are still to big. I am using a stylus. Any help will be appreciated.

I apologize if I am only allowed one question.

HD

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

More than one question is fine although just remember that sometimes people focus on only one of the questions and others get lost in the thread, but if that happens, just post another question.

I'll answer your first question shortly.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for both iOS 4 and 5.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, for copy/pasting from Pages to Notes do the following (images match the Stages below)......

Stage 1 - touch and hold a word in pages in the area that you want to copy.
Stage 2 - drag the blue buttons to the start and finish points of the text then touch the copy button.
Stage 3 - touch and hold the area in notes where you want to paste and touch the resulting paste button.
Stage 4 - your text is pasted!

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-3286176439.png
    image-3286176439.png
    360.5 KB · Views: 185
  • image-3956147386.png
    image-3956147386.png
    412.5 KB · Views: 187
  • image-2815730597.png
    image-2815730597.png
    373.8 KB · Views: 203
  • image-3131744836.png
    image-3131744836.png
    451.1 KB · Views: 206

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So, I'll tackle question two.

First, iBooks isn't a very good app for annotating stuff (I'm not even sure what feature you are talking about). For what you want to do, I recommend PDF Expert.

If the form has active text entry fields, PDF Expert is one of the few apps that will allow you to enter text in those fields directly. If not, then it has plenty of annotation options to place drawings and text on top of the PDF. You can easily make a duplicate of he original file to work on without leaving the app.

There are a lot of other PDF annotation apps out there, GoodReader, SignMyPDF, etc. So if you are not in a hurry I'd spend some time searching here and in Google for PDF annotation apps, and reading about their features before deciding. Then again, most aren't so expensive that you should be devastated if you try one and then find a better one later.

Last edited:
OP
H

HomesteadDon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, that is what I needed. I will check out PDF Expert first. You sure saved me a lot of time and headaches trying to figure that out.

HD

OP
H

HomesteadDon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you.

I did try that and did not get anything saying to copy, so I guess I did something wrong, and after I while I got weary. I am glad I found the forum. Thanks for the advice and the thumbnails, that was great.

HD

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not a problem.

When you are tap-holding in Pages, eventually a magnifying glass will pop up. When you release you should see a menu with the options to Select and Select all. You have to choose one of these before you get the blue highlight. Once you have the highlighted word(s), the menu will change to include copy. You can adjust the highlight by dragging the blue dots at each corner of the highlighted area before you tap the copy options.

This only works exactly that way when working with editable text, like in Pages. For stuff you can't edit it's slightly different and might require something like a double tap and hold. Don't be shy about trying things like this on the iPad, tapping, holding, swiping, are all part of the UI, and can be done with more than one finger. Quickest way to learn is to experiment and see what happens.

And if you haven't grabbed The manual (iPad User Guide) that Gabriel mentioned it's a good idea. Most of this is in there. If you've downloaded the iBook app you can also get the manual in the iBooks Store (accessed inside the app). Both are free.

Most reactions

Latest posts