What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best note taking app for iPad

yan_82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From some other topic I've read today about Matilde app, it looks great. I can't say that I like all things in this app, but it's free and each note can have photo or video.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From some other topic I've read today about Matilde app, it looks great. I can't say that I like all things in this app, but it's free and each note can have photo or video.

Should we assume you are connected with the developer? I loaded this app, tried to make it work, then deleted it. It is very rudimentary in comparison with many, many others, is awkward to use, and---to boot---is extremely slow.

A big "unlike" on this one!

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Two weeks later and I still can not find a general Notes app replacement.
How hard can it be to simply have an app that works exactly the same as Apples default Notes app but with a couple of extras such as different Fonts, Rich Text Formatting (Bold, Italic, Underline, Highlight, etc) and to be able to add a photo with drawing annotations if needed.
I have tried some of the apps similar to Noteshelf and Notes Plus but they don't allow you to copy a large note and insert it where it flows into several pages.

For general text entry I have Evernote but two things stop me from using it as the replacement:-
1. It does not show the titles of your notes to the Left of the main typing area like the Notes app shows.
2. It only works if you have an Internet connection.

So, if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to add.

Thanks.
Well, I actually found an App that will allow me to do rich text formatting and add photos/sketches and that is by using the App 'Textillus'.
It is a great App for this kind of work and the developer is very helpful (I had a need to contact him with an issue which was immediately resolved).
The app is updated regularly with the latest update just a few days back.

Most reactions