What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help.

Ga Men

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad 3G have been jailbroken & it's been running good but last 2 days I see some update on Cydia I just go ahead update them after that cydia ask to restart springboard & after my ipad restart it go to recovery mode & just stay there even I turn it off (by holding power & home button as the same time) it still go back to recovery mode. I try to restore thru my iTunes 9.1.1 & iTunes show me an error 9 & it put my iPad back on recovery mode. What I did wrong? Any advide? Please help. Thans in advance.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Put the ipad into DFU mode before restoreing.

#1 connect to itunes
#2 hold both home and sleep/wake buttons untill it reboots
#3 once the screen goes off to reboot count to 10
#4 after counting to 10 release the sleep/wake button but continue holding the Home button.

itunes should pop up a message saying it found an ipad in DFU mode and you can restore it.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I am having the same issue. I wish I would have read this before I installed that update. I just got the little "thinking" circle.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I just did a hard reboot and was patient and it loaded np

OP
G

Ga Men

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Put the ipad into DFU mode before restoreing.

#1 connect to itunes
#2 hold both home and sleep/wake buttons untill it reboots
#3 once the screen goes off to reboot count to 10
#4 after counting to 10 release the sleep/wake button but continue holding the Home button.

itunes should pop up a message saying it found an ipad in DFU mode and you can restore it.
I do the same as you said but when I try to restore iTunes show me an error #9 & it stop & put it back to recovery mode again. Any more advise?

thehatguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.greatthreads.com
OP
G

Ga Men

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks let's me try connect it to different USB port with a different sync cable see it may work, if not can I try with another computer with iTune 9.2?

OP
G

Ga Men

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It do the samething with different USB port & cable. Should I try with iTunes 9.2?

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I have my iPad 3G have been jailbroken & it's been running good but last 2 days I see some update on Cydia I just go ahead update them after that cydia ask to restart springboard & after my ipad restart it go to recovery mode & just stay there even I turn it off (by holding power & home button as the same time) it still go back to recovery mode. I try to restore thru my iTunes 9.1.1 & iTunes show me an error 9 & it put my iPad back on recovery mode. What I did wrong? Any advide? Please help. Thans in advance.

I guess if I were you, I would see if you can get an Apple store to help you. I don't know where you are located. Then I would stay away from Jailbreak for a while until you get some more experience. Just me of course, you are taking some chance with Jailbreak though.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doubt he would want to do that since his iPad is jailbroken and voids the warranty...

Most reactions

Latest posts