What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring iPad in Singapore

canshota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I Need Help!
I got my new iPad from States and currently the iPad now is in recovery mode and I've been unable to restore the iPad. Whenever I try to restore to firmware 3.2, I keep getting this error msg: "....Apple Update Server cannot be reached or is temporary unavailable."

Methods tried:
1) Reinstalling iTunes 9.1.1,
2) Download the firmware 3.2 and 'Shift+Restore' (Windows user here)
3) Sending the iPad into DFU mode & try to restore from there.

Any one knows the root cause and solution for this issue?
(As iPad is not officially on sale in Singapore till later this yr, I was wondering is it due to that problem that iTunes does not support my restore.)

Any answers would be much appreciated!

Regards.

BcBruno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well... My Theory is because the WWDC 2010. Something is wrong with iTunes servers.

I was trying to download the OS 3.2 to restore my iPad, and i couldn't. It start to download, but a few minutes lates, it displayed this mensage.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I Need Help!
I got my new iPad from States and currently the iPad now is in recovery mode and I've been unable to restore the iPad. Whenever I try to restore to firmware 3.2, I keep getting this error msg: "....Apple Update Server cannot be reached or is temporary unavailable."

Methods tried:
1) Reinstalling iTunes 9.1.1,
2) Download the firmware 3.2 and 'Shift+Restore' (Windows user here)
3) Sending the iPad into DFU mode & try to restore from there.

Any one knows the root cause and solution for this issue?
(As iPad is not officially on sale in Singapore till later this yr, I was wondering is it due to that problem that iTunes does not support my restore.)

Any answers would be much appreciated!

Regards.

Hello and welcome here from Bishan, i have restored 2 wifi iPad (from US) and no trouble at all , yet i am not in Lalaland but i am pretty sure is Apple server problem try tomolo and i guess all will work like a charm, apple server are under maintenance for almost 2 days we got error message several time

OP
C

canshota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys!!

nice prompt response... I've managed to set-up a US account, and waited till now then I did my restore...successfully!

Apparently they did not prompt me for the US account id/pw, and the restore went ahead. (I presume it Maybe the problem with the apple server...)

Weird, but enjoying my iPad now regardless of that... Thanks again all.

Regards

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys!!

nice prompt response... I've managed to set-up a US account, and waited till now then I did my restore...successfully!

Apparently they did not prompt me for the US account id/pw, and the restore went ahead. (I presume it Maybe the problem with the apple server...)

Weird, but enjoying my iPad now regardless of that... Thanks again all.

Regards

Glad for that finally work, by the way you can manage to get the account (US & SG) as i did and no problem at all so you can enjoy our local app’s and the best of US iTunes

OP
C

canshota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, now I'll get to enjoy both of best world...awesome.
Thanks and let's all enjoy the prowess of the iPad... :D

Regards

kl281071

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,
i just had a similar problem.....it tries to restore and just "hangs" a bit past the half way mark. Can some one please help?. There is talk of the need to crete a US account....did that work

OP
C

canshota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you may want to the following after getting your iPad into DFU mode:

1) Reinstall iTunes, restore and update.
2) Install iTunes onto another system/desktop/laptop, try doing a restore on that.

I managed to get my iPad up and running after #2. Not sure if a US A/C helps, but I got one set-up anyways... Hope this helps.

Regards,

Most reactions

Latest posts