What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't restore iPad

Milan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How far do u get In the recovery process before u get any error code ?

Right away, it just restart ipad and pop up the error code 9, only once was started to fill white bar but maybe after third same happened.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If u are able to fill the white bar or almost fill it or even can pass it and u get stuck or it freeze or get an error code, let it be there and try to kick it out of that lock/freeze with bootrec and maybe it boot without being interupt, coz the firmware is already loaded into the ipad when it almost has filled the bar.

You find bootrec here for win and osx:
RecBoot - One Click Recovery Mode (Enter and Exit)

Also read the apple forum on error 9.
Apple - Support - Discussions - Cannot restore iPad: Unknown error (9) ...

Last edited:

Milan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If u are able to fill the white bar or almost fill it or even can pass it and u get stuck or it freeze or get an error code, let it be there and try to kick it out of that lock/freeze with bootrec and maybe it boot without being interupt, coz the firmware is already loaded into the ipad when it almost has filled the bar.

Yes i read it whole, there is my post at the end, and also non of the case error code 9 are solved, few opinions, hard drive, usb cable...

I will try RecBoot right away, thank you very much.

Milan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes i read it whole, there is my post at the end, and also non of the case error code 9 are solved, few opinions, hard drive, usb cable...

I will try RecBoot right away, thank you very much.

No luck, same thing, i don't have problem to enter recovery mode, its always on, and white bar, it just show for couple of seconds and that is it, then reboot and pop up error 9, and back to recovery mode. I will try to downgrade with lower firmware, i don't think it will work but i will try anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts