What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napster

CrisisEdge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey im new to the whole apple scene and i will be getting an ipad soon and i have a question. Is there anyway to use napster as a way to put music on my ipad? Thanks for any and all help!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yes, install iTunes and then install napster.

any MP3's you purchase on napster should automatically get added to your iTunes library. To add the music to your iPad you would then have to just open iTunes and click the sync button to transfer the songs to the ipad.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is Napster an App? Bah I'm sorry for giving bad info, I'll edit my post.

OP
C

CrisisEdge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cool i have napster already and im getting a ipad and itunes soon so as soon as i get it how should i go about it? do i download the songs onto the ipad then put the ipad on itunes and press sync?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
you can go to itunes.com right now and download it from apple and install it on your computer.

When new songs are downloaded in napster they should automaticaly get added into iTunes as well. If for any reason a song doesnt show up in iTunes you can simply just drag the MP3 File into iTunes.

Once you plug your iPad into your computer a new option will show in iTunes that shows your iPad. When you click your iPad in iTunes it will have a sync button that will take all the music on itunes and transfer it to the iPad.

OP
C

CrisisEdge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but doesnt napster only download directly to the mp3 player? how would it get to itunes before it gets to the ipad?

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Napster. Wow. The golden age of digital free music downloads in the 90's. Brings back great memories.

OP
C

CrisisEdge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
also this just hit me and i really think this may be important but on my napster its paid for every month so i dont pay per song im not sure but i think that may be a problem if this helps with explaining this to me then great ^_^ so thanks for any and all other help!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to install Napster on your computer, NOT your iPad! Download to your heart's content, but you may have to remember where your music is beings saved. Open iTunes and you can go to Files then select the option to Add file to library... or Add folder to library... The next time you sync your iPad, those items will be added to your iPad.

The same basic principle applies if you buy music from Amazon or places like LimeWire.

Clear as mud, eh?

OP
C

CrisisEdge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes thank you and everyone else who helped now insted of making a new topic and what not im just going to ask my other question... if i go to the app store on the ipad is that the same store as on a itouch and if so does that mean i can download itouch app games such as bejewled and just X2 it or do i have to wait for a ipad only version of it? thanks again for the help!:D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can download it on your iPad, you can run it on your iPad but it may not necessarily by an "HD" version made specifically for the iPad. The biggest difference is the image size on the screen. An iPod Touch/iPhone app will only be as big as the screen on an iPod, but there is a 2X button in the lower right corner of the screen that will enlarge the image to fill the screen on your iPad. Since it may be a little fuzzy, you can change it back to the normal smaller size by hitting the button that will change to 1X.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts