What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad1

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just now I was charging my iPad and it was having 91% and in about 10 seconds it suddenly reached 100%

Is there anything wrong in my iPad ?

Any virus attack or something ?

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
Viruses aren't possible, unless you're jailbroken.

Then why did it happen ?
This device is jailbroken !

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the hacking forum as you are jailbroken, to hopefully get you the help that you need.

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
it's probably just a "hitch" in the battery monitoring software. I would not worry about it, TBH.

You may need to re-calibrate the battery. To do - run the charge down to about 5% and then plug the iPad in for charging (once you start charging it - don't use the iPad). This will ensure the battery monitor is as accurate as possible. I believe Apple recommends this process periodically...

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Viruses aren't possible, unless you're jailbroken.

There are no known viruses for the iPad in the wild whether devices are jailbroken or not, just to be clear ;)

OP as Marilyn pointed out, the percentage is just a software estimate. It will jump to full if it is not properly calibrated when charging completes. Let the device discharge fully and recharge to 100%.

It is absolutely nothing to do with your jailbreak :)

Last edited:

Most reactions