What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad is "stuck" looping between the lockscreen and the boot logo...

plau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 for over a year now without problems. It's jailbroken and I never connect it to the computer or iTunes. Suddenly, this morning it started something I had never seen before. Without doing anything with it (I was sleeping), it started "skipping" between the boot logo (the little Apple) with the wheels turning and then for about 1 second it goes to the lockscreen, but it doesn't give me time to unlock it by sliding, it just goes back to the boot logo with the wheels turning, then it goes back to the lockscreen for 1 second, etc. It's basically stuck in that loop. I've tried to let it run for at least 1 hour and it doesn't get out of it.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I don't want to do a full reset because I have very important work on there :(

OP
P

plau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more thing, I think it may not be the iPad crashing but the Springboard? Because when I connect it via USB, I am able to open the photos folder and copy out thousands of photos without the iPad disconnecting. I assume if it was the Apple software crashing, it would kick me off during the transfer?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you are Jailbroken I've moved this to the Hacking section to try to get you the help that you need......good luck!

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try doing a reset on the iPad. To do (apologies if you know):

Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, that will sort it out. Let us know if it did - or if the problem continues. Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions