What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ipad 1 is stuck on DFU loop mode, can a new IOS update can do the job?

trewzd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 1st gen Ipad was stacked on DFU loop mode, its current IOS software is 4.3.5 jailbroken using redsnow. sadly I don't have any saved shh bolbs on my computer and this problem prevented me from using my ipad for months. Is there any hope for me here? or can an upgrade to the upcoming IOS 5 can do the job? your help is greatly appreciated.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
4.3.5 is the current firmware, therefore you do not need to save blobs for that, since Apple will provide them for you when you ask. Simply put your iPad into DFU mode - use this guide if you need help - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html, then start iTunes and press "restore" to get your iPad to stock 4.3.5 using iTunes, then re-jailbreak if you feel the need. There is absolutely no reason for you to suffer with an inoperable iPad for several months. You are always able to restore the latest firmware no matter what.

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 4.3.5 jailbreak is a tethered JB though, which depending on your uses and needs may or may not be worth it. I just spent an entire day troubleshooting after mine crashed into a boot loop & FixRecovery didn't work leaving me no choice but to go from 4.2.1 to 4.3.5. Finally resolved the dozens of iTunes errors to downgrade. Do you have SHSH saved somewhere, but just not on your computer? Were you JB before and did you tell Cydia to make life easier and save them, or use iSH****, or use TinyUmbrella? If you did any of those you can get them back on your computer using TU & then downgrade back to 4.3.3, 4.2.1, etc.

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha I just saw that the app censored out the name of the Cydia app - I meant did you use iSHSH it. That's what it's called, with no space. 

OP
T

trewzd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to plug in my ipad and it says "we're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time."

Most reactions

Latest posts