What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dfu loop?? :(

Gamingipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys ,

I have a serious problem with my first gen Ipad.
Yesterday I was running an untethered jailbreak 4.2.1
I wanted to update to 4.3.2 .. so I just put my Ipad into dfu and clicked restore in Ipad menu.. I got several error messages so It wouldn't update..

I put tinyumbrella up , Made it ready with Ireb ..
Then my Ipad got updated to 4.3.2 .. Itunes said it would reboot my ipad blablabla you know the message after you updated.

Sadly enough my Ipad got into u DFU LOOP or something. Instead of booting up , he just got into DFU again.

So I got the idea to boot it up with redsnow .. ( I chose the JUST BOOT TETHERED RIGHT NOW )

Now my Ipad works for a several of hours .. but it puts itself again in dfu mode ( full battery)

Thanks for reading my story and I really hope some guys can help me out..

Have a nice weekend

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
are you able to pull it out of DFU mode again? I'm not an expert on the issue but try restoring it again with iTunes. Once you can do a proper iTunes restore it should stop. Unless it's hardware reasons, the iPad is a pretty damn hard device to brick.

OP
Gamingipad

Gamingipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I can't do a propre restore .. everytime I do that i get error messages ..

And If I solve these messages with Tinyumbrella etc .. The thing just got back into a DFU loop.. The fix recovery from TinyUmbrella doesn't work .. so doesn't the IREB one :/

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe you are in a DFU loop, that is not possible unless you have a complete failure of your iPad. You are more likely in a recovery loop, which is quite a different thing.

Why did you want to update your iPad to 4.3.2? and are you sure you have SHSH Blobs for 4.3.2 and are you serving them up to iTunes correctly via TinyUmbrealla or Cydia? If not, the restore will fail.

I cant understand why you would not restore to 4.3.3 then jailbreak. If you explain more about the exact situation you are in the the error messages / codes than I will try and help.

I would suggest the following process though...

1. Ensure you have NO entries for gs.apple.com in your hosts file on the PC
2. Download 4.3.3 firmware from the download sticky in the hacking section
3. Put your iPad into DFU mode
4. Restore stock 4.3.3 using iTunes (if you have followed step 1, this should succeed without error)
5. Allow iPad to reboot and activate in iTunes
6. Jailbreak 4.3.3 with the LATEST redsnow

Since you are having problems with your current setup, I would suggest you set up your iPad as new. You don't want to risk restoring corrupt settings back onto your new iPad. You can still sync all your media and apps back on as normal.

Last edited:

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yup that's why he's the boss around here. ;)

on another note, try re-downloading your firmware files. I should think iTunes does a md5 check before flashing the firmware, but your file might be damaged causing this problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts