What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in DFU loop following downgrade

explody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this subject has been generally covered before but I'm hoping someone might have insight into my specific situation. This started with an iPad1 (WiFi only) running 4.3.5. I wanted to downgrade to 4.3.3 for the untethered JB so I gave it a shot following various howtos (I did not have the SHSH from 4.3.3, I was able to get it restored using TinyUmbrella's TSS server). After monkeying around a bit too much I got myself stuck on a black screen and couldn't seem to fix it. Reluctantly, I let iTunes give it a shot and it successfully upgraded to iOS5 and all went back to normal. This time at least, I saved the SHSH, not that 5.0 SHSH will help much at this point.

Using what I'd learned so far, I gave the downgrade another shot. This time is was much smoother and I successfully restored to a custom 4.3.3 IPSW.

And here is where I get stuck. The iPad functions fine, Cydia and all, but I'm basically stuck with a tethered JB. I can boot it tethered with redsn0w but if I try to reboot naturally, it drops right into DFU mode.

So the basic questions are:

Is there any way out of this reboot-to-DFU loop?
Am I screwed because I don't have my SHSH for 4.3.3?
Even when tether-booted into 4.3.3, TinyUmbrella is only able to save a SHSH for "iPad 5.0gm". This seems relevant, is that my base problem?

Thanks in advance.

Most reactions