What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes says im stuck in dfu mode

cales69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
step by step what happened

ive owned this for a month - ipad 16gb 1st gen ipad - no idea what the original ios was.

two day ago i went away and ran into the chance to jail break it, i had never thought of it before that but either way, one day later it crashed,... i think.... here ill explain why

1. it had a program call cydia that throughout my one day i barely got to understand, i just spent that whole day 1 on the real aps store re downloading my good free aps, day two my jail breker added like three aps, and wam on his last app - ufc - it crashed like crazy the icons came outta folders, they got smaller, you couldnt click any buttons but you could move the screen, not the side to side motion though that was crapped out to, and worsely you touched the settings button and the whole thing would crash down.

2 so i tried to research the restore process and learned about the dfu mode and the recovery mode, which were useful cause without it i kept getting a 3194 error, at this point i learned the jail broke ios that was now mine was a 4.3.3, showing in the intunes when in normal recovery mode, still saying the ipad was my name, but when in dfu mode it just says ipad and has no serial number or capacity info

3 so i downloaded this 4.3.1 thing for my ipad and the restore wouldnt go through till i had this tiny umbrella program and event then i got a 1601 message and downloaded this thing called ireb r4 i think and it succesfuly restored, but when rebooting it went into constant black screen

4 and now when plugging it into itunes it sees the dfu mode "ipad words" and three nothing in the capacity and ios spots for info, it pops up that its in recovery and stays black the whole time

5 worstly the plug in the wall doesnt make the charger pop up nor the usb into the pc

6 im extremely new at this ipad thing but either way ya now i believe, although i can only see a black screen, that it is now a 4.3.1 not a 4.3.3. like the jail breaker made it....

does any one know of any good programs to take it out of dfu mode, i seen ppl call it a dfu loop, but every one just talks about the recovery modes on the tiny umbrella program, mine does not work, the enter and exit buttons are blanked out and the fix recovery does nothing at all but leave me waiting for no pop ups and no notifications, on the ireb program it to says its successfull but doesnt actually take the black screen away

i heard of this thing called iboot or i booty but i cant find it or much on it, so does anyone know of any other programs that got them out of the dfu "loop" as they call it, i see alot of ppl on it, and alot of pppl just say keep trying it will spoof its way out, but im o like recoveery attempt five lmao.

and ya im tired and the battery is gunna die while im sleeping im afriaid...

then worstly ill be paying for an ipad i dont have .... ughh

so needless to say, i just wanna go back to the regular ipad or at least something working, i dont care if theres not as many aps, if someone cam just get me workin ill be happy, i leanred my lesson, no more not learnin about things before i do them, i shoulda asked about what it meant to jailbreak and had i knew it was that slow for day one and that glitchy i woulda just said no to the offer, i got what i paid for ... free crud :(

OP
C

cales69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
worstly, the person who did it to my phone is in a different city now cause i have gone home, it was when i went home to click that ap that it all crashed down, but i think thats pretty past tense now, the problem seems to be this dfu mode im stick in

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All may not be lost.

I googled iPad stuck in dfu mode and it brought up a YouTube vid that claims to fix the problem. I involves downloading some firmware.

I did not think it appropriate to post it here.

I guess it's too late to to say try at your own risk.

Let us know how it turns out.

-rog

Most reactions

Latest posts