What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Daughter was just mugged!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just seen this!! I hope she is ok Marie. These are terrible times we live in for sure.
How can a company allow a lone female take money to the bank, what the hell were they thinking!!

Not anymore ~ they will double up now until they get a security guard. She has been there 6 years and this has never happened. Still ~

Thanks, everyone!!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My god,thats awful,we,r living in a bad world,hope she will be ok.

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Marie this is a dreadful thing to happen to your daughter. I am so glad she is okay, she will probably still be in shock for a while and it hasn't hit her yet. I have two daughters and even though they are now in their forties I still worry and want to keep them wrapped in cotton wool but I know that's not possible. I do hope the store makes changes so this type of thing never happens again. If they ever catch the scumbags I hope they do a long stretch inside.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
She is a manager at Starbucks and was leaving in broad daylight to take the deposit to the bank. She was jumped in the parking lot, knocked down, kicked, until she gave up the deposit!

They had to know they take the deposit at this time. This is not the best area either. Customers ran out to help her and the dude ran and jumped in a white car and the license plate was covered!!

On my way there now ~ She was not crying at all ~ 8 cops are there now with her and the fire dept and ambulance. She told me to just sit here and wait as we are 17 miles away.

I can't wait any longer.

What is wrong with people? :(

So sorry to hear this! I really wish she didn't fight back though!!' ;(

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update using iPF

mrsterrijane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So glad she is ok, but boy that hacks me off that it happened at all. I carry a stun gun that is pink and looks like a cell phone.Its got a wrist strap with a pin connector to the device. If someone grabs it from me the pin disengages and it wont work. Sorry thing that I feel I need to carry it, but maybe it would be good for her since she carries money?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Grrr, I HATE thieves. Hope they catch 'em.

I'm glad your daughter is ok!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OMG Marie I got goosebumps reading all this, so glad she is alright. But my what a truly awful thing to happen. Grrr hate these mongrels!! And to think they must have been watching her too. Extra security is a must!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My god,thats awful,we,r living in a bad world,hope she will be ok.

Thanks, woman ~ appreciate it more than you know.

Marie this is a dreadful thing to happen to your daughter. I am so glad she is okay, she will probably still be in shock for a while and it hasn't hit her yet. I have two daughters and even though they are now in their forties I still worry and want to keep them wrapped in cotton wool but I know that's not possible. I do hope the store makes changes so this type of thing never happens again. If they ever catch the scumbags I hope they do a long stretch inside.

Hey Christine ~ good to see you posting! I liked that: "keep them wrapped in cotton wool" Last night she said that she was going to go and do laundry at the laundry mat, she has a lot. I said " I think you should just stay home, it's dark and just not a good idea" She said: "oh but Mom, I get mugged in the daylight, remember?"

It really was funny. For all about 2 seconds ~ then we both cried. She stayed home. :)

So sorry to hear this! I really wish she didn't fight back though!!' ;(

Thanks, woman. I agree, I wish she didn't fight back either. She said she was surprised she did ~ He actually drug her a bit on the pavement until she finally let go. Her pants were all ripped on that one side.

They got away with 2K! Creeps. Christmas's deposit ~ not much, since they were only open four hours that day.

So glad she is ok, but boy that hacks me off that it happened at all. I carry a stun gun that is pink and looks like a cell phone.Its got a wrist strap with a pin connector to the device. If someone grabs it from me the pin disengages and it wont work. Sorry thing that I feel I need to carry it, but maybe it would be good for her since she carries money?

Me too! The more I trip on all of this the more I keep thinking how it could have been so much worse....

Grrr, I HATE thieves. Hope they catch 'em.

I'm glad your daughter is ok!

Me too ~ I hate people who steal. Anything.

OMG Marie I got goosebumps reading all this, so glad she is alright. But my what a truly awful thing to happen. Grrr hate these mongrels!! And to think they must have been watching her too. Extra security is a must!!

Thanks, Woman ~ she said last night "well ~ what a way to end the year!"

Glad to hear she's all right, Marie. Scary thing to happen - hope the thieves get caught.

Marilyn

My sympathies. I am glad to her that your daughter is doing OK, given all the horrible things that happened.

We are very lucky. You know ~ they make the deposit at the same time or around the same time. They walk out, with this blue small pack bag, which they knew the money was in there, apparently. Customers out side of Starbucks at tables, said they saw this fool sitting on the curb for a while.

Waiting. For my baby. :(

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Thanks, woman ~ appreciate it more than you know.

Hey Christine ~ good to see you posting! I liked that: "keep them wrapped in cotton wool" Last night she said that she was going to go and do laundry at the laundry mat, she has a lot. I said " I think you should just stay home, it's dark and just not a good idea" She said: "oh but Mom, I get mugged in the daylight, remember?"

It really was funny. For all about 2 seconds ~ then we both cried. She stayed home. :)

Thanks, woman. I agree, I wish she didn't fight back either. She said she was surprised she did ~ He actually drug her a bit on the pavement until she finally let go. Her pants were all ripped on that one side.

They got away with 2K! Creeps. Christmas's deposit ~ not much, since they were only open four hours that day.

Me too! The more I trip on all of this the more I keep thinking how it could have been so much worse....

Me too ~ I hate people who steal. Anything.

Thanks, Woman ~ she said last night "well ~ what a way to end the year!"

We are very lucky. You know ~ they make the deposit at the same time or around the same time. They walk out, with this blue small pack bag, which they knew the money was in there, apparently. Customers out side of Starbucks at tables, said they saw this fool sitting on the curb for a while.

Waiting. For my baby. :(

Well, I am glad she is OK!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts