What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CCSettings (Free) - More Toggles for the Control Center

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
CCSettings (Free) - More Toggles for the Control Center

As I’ve said before, there is a plethora of tweaks for Control Center toggles. After trying out most of them, I’ve decided to use CCSettings exclusively for two reasons - which I’ll cover later on.

When iOS 7 was released, the Control Center was added to the iPad and other iDevices. In the center section, we now have toggles to turn on/off airplane mode, WiFi, Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb and lock rotation/mute. CCSettings adds the ability to add more toggles to this area - complete with a paging function.

Note that this tweak only adds toggles to the center area of the iPad’s Control Center. It does not affect the toggles on the right.

Here is a list of the toggles you can now have in this center section:

And, here is how my center section now appears:

The best part is that you can swipe to change toggle pages. So, you could have all the toggles provided by CCSettings activated, should you wish. Sure makes it handier than going to the Settings app to turn on your Personal Hotspot, for example! :)

The tweak has a settings panel within the Settings app:

You can set up the tweak for your preferences. The last section is one of the two reasons why this is THE Control Center tweak for me: “Kill Background.â€

See that trashcan icon in the picture of my Control Center? That is the Kill Background toggle. Press that button and all apps that were open and would have shown in the multiswitcher are gone. Much easier than individually swiping on a “card†to fully close all apps.

Now, I know, there are reasons not to kill all running apps. And, I get it, I really do. :) But, my nightly routine is to close all apps, clear my Safari data (all the cookies, data and history - done via the Reset Safari flipswitch toggle) and turn off my iPad. Then, I plug it in so it can be fully charged for the next day’s use. For good or bad, that’s my routine and CCSettings is the only Control Center tweak, that I am aware of, that has a Kill Background toggle.

The other reason I use CCSettings is the fact that the Home button toggle (again, in the Control Center picture) acts EXACTLY like the Home button, in that:

(1) A tap of the icon closes an app or takes the springboard to the first page, and

(2) A double tap of that same Home button icon opens the app switcher. Again, no other Control Center tweak (that I know of) has this feature. Yes, you can add another icon in order to activate the app switcher - but that just adds another toggle. I like this feature so much that I never use the four/five-finger swipe action; it’s so much easier to swipe up the Control Center with one finger and then tap or double tap that Home icon. Loverly! :)

Again, there are many Control Center tweaks on Cydia. And, most are free! What are you waiting for - you need more control over YOUR Control Center! :)

Marilyn

P.S. I use this tweak in conjunction with the tweak Quick Activator (which adds to/modifies the toggles on the right side of the iPad). A review of Quick Activator is here. With these two tweaks, my Control Center is superb on my iPad Air…

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
CCSettings is much more refined and offers many more toggles than other tweaks of the same type. The only thing that's missing in the stock available toggles is OpenSSH, but you can easily download that from Cydia (it's a separate package). The toggle icons are simple, elegant, yet easily recognizable as well. It allows for easy organization by allowing you to re-position the toggles as you like (just like Notification Center) I'm using it on my iPhones and iPads and they pose no issues/conflicts of any kind with any CC tweaks as some of the other CC tweaks of the same type do such as CCToggles or FlipControlCenter.

Most reactions

Latest posts