What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 14th day on april 30th

sleek31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Proud owner of a 64G wifi iPad that I purchased on April 16th and when I found out the release date for the 3G, I started calculating. It will be exactly 14 days on the 30th and the Apple return policy is a maximum of 14 days with a 10% restock fee. I think I will be in line ready to take the $60 hit and get my 3G+wifi iPad! Any thoughts?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
10% restock of $700 is $70 plus an additional $130 for 3G so your actually going to be taking a $200 hit.

rtking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why take a hit at all? Most places are sold out of the iPad. I bet you could sell your iPad for what you paid if you are willing to ship overseas. Of course, if you don't want to deal with the hassle, taking the $70 hit for restocking is a "clean and easy" transaction (+ the $129 difference to upgrade to the 3G enabled iPad.)

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If my intended usage didn't hinge on 3G, this would be an opportune time to find an 'open box' deal on a wi-fi iPad, but I think reselling it (wi-fi version) would be the more profitable route to take.

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
10% restock of $700 is $70 plus an additional $130 for 3G so your actually going to be taking a $200 hit.

Its actually a $70.00 hit. You can't count the 130 because it is not a loss and is the normal price of the product. I do see what you mean in terms of spending $200.00 more then he originally spent.

I would do it, or even better sell on ebay. Put up a 3 day listing if it does not sell then go back to the restocking fee plan.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought about doing that, but I'm going to wait until the next unit comes out. If the access becomes an issue before then I can always go the e-bay route later on. Hopefully every April 3rd or so we will see a new iPad released with cool new features. As far as the restocking fee that is not that bad. You have been using it for two weeks and I'm sure you have enjoyed it.

OP
S

sleek31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 64g

Thanks for all the replies guys. I don't mind taking a hit for the restock fee and the past 2weeks I think I realized thatni don't quite need 64g of mobile memory(lol). I'm going to get the 32g+wifi version on Friday so I will only be out another 30 bucks..... A small price to pay for an appleite(you heard that moniker here first from sleek31 and all use of said moniker is strictly prohibited)lol.

greener

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Proud owner of a 64G wifi iPad that I purchased on April 16th and when I found out the release date for the 3G, I started calculating. It will be exactly 14 days on the 30th and the Apple return policy is a maximum of 14 days with a 10% restock fee. I think I will be in line ready to take the $60 hit and get my 3G+wifi iPad! Any thoughts?

i lucked out and was in viewing the new ipad at best buy and saw a clerk taking one towards a front office and putting a new open box sticker on it, i raced to him and asked him what model it was, was the 64gb wi-fi, and he said it would be 10% less off sticker, so i paid $630 and now see one of the models with the 3gb will be same price, but has less storage, i do love the ipad, i am a senior and around the house this thing is great, take it to bed, couch, even the bathroom and so easy to use, i already have a gps and mostly use free wi-fi at stops on the road, so i guess i will probably keep this baby, only time will make this baby even better than it already is, FYI, being a silver member at best buy rewards, i get 1.25 points in rewards, making an extra $15.00 in rewards, which i will use in the ipad accessory page on best buy web site

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts