What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MS Windows 7

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad uses as frugal 256 of ram whereas win7 needs a minimum of 1gb (yes I know some have managed with 512 but that's masochism.....)

Also win7 is cursor based whereas iOS is touch based.

jackiemac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.WoowooMac.com
Earlier this year They announced they that Citrix was going to offer a product that would let you run Windows 7 via virtualization. It hasn't shipped yet.

Using iTeleport (a VNC iPad app) you can control and view a Windows 7 desktop. It's kind of like running Windows 7 on an iPad. :)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Earlier this year They announced they that Citrix was going to offer a product that would let you run Windows 7 via virtualization. It hasn't shipped yet.

Using iTeleport (a VNC iPad app) you can control and view a Windows 7 desktop. It's kind of like running Windows 7 on an iPad. :)

There have been tons of remote apps for the iphone and iPad.

Check out one called WinAdmin. Works great, but this is just access to a remote desktop its not running windows on the device like the OP asked about.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Totally awesome link to the Team Viewer app!! I just installed it an it is a breeze. And furthermore, and as Drew Carey says (well actually the announcer Rich Fields says it), the price is right.

But technically, the iPad is not running Windows. It is just painting a picture on my iPad's screen of what the host computer is doing.

EDIT: I am 53 and I don't use terms like "totally awesome" very often!

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You don't need that app often but when you do it's pretty neat.
And saves getting out of the garden chair in this heat......

davidhburton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
davidhburton.com

a2poor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RDP Lite doesn't require you to install anything on the computer(s) you're connecting to, which is a + to me.

Most reactions

Latest posts