What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motherboard makers updating drivers to allow iPad charging

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad_charging.jpg

I'm sure if you own an iPad you know how frustrating it is to plug your iPad into your USB and see the dreaded notice that you aren't putting out enough juice from your USB port to actually charge the iPad.

It appears that some of the higher end motherboard manufacturers feel your pain. Gigabyte, MSI and ASUS are releasing some updated drivers that should alleviate this problem on some select mobo's.

Engadget has the full details, hop on this link for the full info: Gigabyte, ASUS and MSI deliver driver software to allow iPad charging from the PC -- Engadget

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to see Apple implement these changes on the next iMacs/Macbook Pros as well.

PMudditt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmm, guess there is no chance that Dell might be able to do similar for my Dell Precision 490

PMudditt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmm, so I loaded the ASUS driver in to my Dell Precision 490 under WinXP and the iPad is now charging even when turned on, I'll monitor the situation for now in case it melts my
PCB tracks.

Most reactions