What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing trash icon

riki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.apperley-art.com
Ipad2 5.0.1. In photos, I am unable to delete some of the photos because the trash button (top right) is missing. Can anyone tell me why some photos show the trash button and others not? Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are probably using GMail, which is the only account I know of that defaults to an Archive icon.

If so, go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select your account. You should see an Archive Messages on/off switch. Turn it off and your Trash icon should come back.

OP
riki

riki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.apperley-art.com
You are probably using GMail, which is the only account I know of that defaults to an Archive icon.

If so, go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select your account. You should see an Archive Messages on/off switch. Turn it off and your Trash icon should come back.

Thanks twerppoet, I'll try that.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or, are you in the Photo app? Because you also can't delete photos from within the Photo app if you've put them on the iPad via iTunes. You'll have to go to iTunes and delete them, then re-sync them.

This is only for those photos you've transferred to your iPad with iTunes. All others you've put on either via "Save as" from the web or email, or any pictures you took with your iPad2's camera ... those you can delete from within the Photo app (and so you should see a trash can icon).

There, now that I've muddied up the waters a bit, hope some of this helps. :)

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry. My suggestion is not going to help.

For some reason I though I was replying to the GMail Archive vs Trash problem. Maybe I got my threads mixed, or I'm just going senile a bit early.

pvguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Your fan,
Roger Brown

teachdydx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it worked

thanks so much........... my mini is 3 days old and i am tweaking it....................

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome.

Stick around and browse the forum. You'll find lots of useful tips and advice. And friendly people. Can't forget those. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts