What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass delete of sent mail

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My mail app was taking up a lot of space and I realized that while I periodically deleted everything in the "trash"and "junk" folders, I had not been doing the same in "sent". The idea of marking a seven year accumulation for deletion was pretty daunting. I found this instruction for mass delete. It worked! Perhaps useful info for others. It did take about 30 minutes for everything to move to trash where I could "delete all" but that was probably due to the thousands of emails. (LOL)

".Go to your Sent folder
.Tap on the "Edit"-Button on the top right
.Select the first email in your list
.Hold down the "Move" button
.While you are still holding the "Move"- Button, deselect the first E-Mail
.Pull away all your fingers from the screen and wait a few seconds
.Now Mail asks you where to move ALL of your emails
.Select the Trash-Folder
.Inside the Trash-Folder, you can delete all items at once"

Attachments

• IMG_2983.PNG
    IMG_2983.PNG
    242.6 KB · Views: 244

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is very odd. The Delete All is there for sent mail on IOS 9, but not the IOS 10. I had been using my old iPad 2 when I checked that out, where it does appear, but you are right, its not there on my iPad Air 2. I am sorry and I am wondering if this is a bug?

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This method also works for mail in your inbox. I mentioned it in a thread some time ago.
No idea why apple don't have a mass delete button there either.

Most reactions

Latest posts