What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trash folder showing 2 messages?

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Y mother in law is having problems with her mail app. She said her iPad 2 is showing 2 messages in her trash folder-when she opens it there isn't anything there. I don't recall my trash folder ever telling me how many deleted messages I had in it. I tried googling it but came up with nothing. I had her try a hard reset but that didn't work-any thoughts? Thanks!

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Y mother in law is having problems with her mail app. She said her iPad 2 is showing 2 messages in her trash folder-when she opens it there isn't anything there. I don't recall my trash folder ever telling me how many deleted messages I had in it. I tried googling it but came up with nothing. I had her try a hard reset but that didn't work-any thoughts? Thanks!
Are you looking at the badge on the app icon? That points out unread messages.

Sent from my MacBook using Chromium

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
If you only look in the inboxes at the top you won't see trash and other folders, but at the bottom, under accounts you will see more folders in each account, inbox, drafts, sent, trash etc

As for the phantom emails, does the email account have access via a browser? They may show up there

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wytey said:
If you only look in the inboxes at the top you won't see trash and other folders, but at the bottom, under accounts you will see more folders in each account, inbox, drafts, sent, trash etc

As for the phantom emails, does the email account have access via a browser? They may show up there

I'll have to have her access her email from her computer to see if there are emails,hiding there. I myself have never had any number next to my trash folder only my inbox shows the number of emails

Thanks your help

Kathi4kids

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gresh14 said:
I'll have to have her access her email from her computer to see if there are emails,hiding there. I myself have never had any number next to my trash folder only my inbox shows the number of emails

Thanks your help

I am not able to see any message in my trash or sent folders. Can someone please tell me - is there a setting adjustment I need to make?

Most reactions

Latest posts