What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Office download

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Diane B said:
I read today that Microsoft may have full Office available for IOS this relativel soon--it did give a month but I don't remember, maybe August LOL?????? I use several apps now to view and edit Office docs, etc. I move them around from device to device using Dropbox.

Diane

I read November...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard november too. I just wonder how much they will want......I think it will be pricey and i worry that it will be crippled so as to compromise features and compatibility.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I heard november too. I just wonder how much they will want......I think it will be pricey and i worry that it will be crippled so as to compromise features and compatibility.

Also Windows 8 will be out by then. Windows 8 RT will run on ARM devices and be in direct competition with iOS. I think Microsoft will favor their own platform over Apple's...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skallal said:
Also Windows 8 will be out by then. Windows 8 RT will run on ARM devices and be in direct competition with iOS. I think Microsoft will favor their own platform over Apple's...

Well there are over 60 million iPads in the wild.......so if I was MS and I was writing a business plan it would go something like this.......make MS Office available on iOS devices and make it good, then, when the Windows tablets start shipping slow down upgrades to the version of Office on iOS devices, but throw in major upgrades for Windows tablets.

Now, it's pure conjecture on my part, I'm just throwing it out there but hey, firstly, why would any big business ignore that kind of revenue stream......and secondly, they are not going to break Apple's stranglehold on the market overnight, no matter how good their tablets are.

No flaming guys.....these are just my thoughts and it's anyone's guess what will really happen.

The Archangel

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Well there are over 60 million iPads in the wild.......so if I was MS and I was writing a business plan it would go something like this.......make MS Office available on iOS devices and make it good, then, when the Windows tablets start shipping slow down upgrades to the version of Office on iOS devices, but throw in major upgrades for Windows tablets.

Now, it's pure conjecture on my part, I'm just throwing it out there but hey, firstly, why would any big business ignore that kind of revenue stream......and secondly, they are not going to break Apple's stranglehold on the market overnight, no matter how good their tablets are.

No flaming guys.....these are just my thoughts and it's anyone's guess what will really happen.

The Archangel

That all makes sense. I just wonder why they've taken so long to get the ball rolling on this. The problem, IMO, is that a lot of people have already purchased other apps that handle their office needs and might not pay again for the MS version. I'm quite happy with QuickOffice and will just stay with that. We shall see though, it's gonna be interesting either way.

Most reactions

Latest posts