What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Office download

irismay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone ,

I'm sure my question was already addressed, however, I'm searching the forums and I have not seen it although I haven't gone through all the questions.

How do I download Microsoft office (excel and word) to my IPad

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't download those programs to your iPad. The only way to get software on the iPad (aka "applications" or apps) is to download them from the App Store. However, Word and Excel are not available in the App Store for downloading.

There are many, many apps that can view, and do editing of, Word and Excel files. Many members here have had success with Numbers (Apple's spreadsheet app), Pages (Apples's word processing app) and Documents To Go and Office2 HD, both of which are general purpose office apps. Again, there are many, many apps in the App Store for using Microsoft documents.

All I can suggest is to look through the description of the apps I've mentioned to see if any will suit your needs. Do note that none of them perfectly emulate Microsoft's native programs, but they do come close.

Hope this helps and clarifies.

Marilyn

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, you can have office by using the free cloudon program in the app store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
I

irismay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I will try to see which app suits me .
Very much appreciated.

OP
I

irismay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blucente said:
+1 on Onlive Desktop, pretty amazing app

I installed the onlive desktop , however, I'm not seeing where to register, it's just asking me to sign in an existing account. Please help

NoNoBadDog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
irismay said:
I installed the onlive desktop , however, I'm not seeing where to register, it's just asking me to sign in an existing account. Please help

You have to create an account on your computer, then sign in from your iPad.

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using ipf

The_teacher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded Pages by Apple for 10 bucks, its not as comprehensive as Office but it works pretty well and is pretty intuitive.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded Pages by Apple for 10 bucks, its not as comprehensive as Office but it works pretty well and is pretty intuitive.

Pages, IME, does a decent job with files that aren't complex or contain lots of embedded objects and other elements.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest story is that Office for iPad will be released in November. We have heard this rumor in the past, but it is something that is needed.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read today that Microsoft may have full Office available for IOS this relativel soon--it did give a month but I don't remember, maybe August LOL?????? I use several apps now to view and edit Office docs, etc. I move them around from device to device using Dropbox.

Diane

Most reactions

Latest posts