What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Office on iPad

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so i've read a few threads on the net that Microsoft are in development of their Office suite for the iPad. I was wondering if anyone knew what this was to include? Would it be a full suite such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc etc.

Also has a release date been set as to when it will be released. Looking very forward to this!

ipazol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a app called docs to go that has word and excel. Works great you can add and change you docs.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rumors indicate that MS office is in the works for the iPad, but I know nothing aside from that

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The rumor I saw only mentioned Word and Excel, and guessed at a price similar to the iWorks suite; which suggests that they will come as separate apps. But they are rumors, so there is no point in making plans until something official is announced, or better yet, released.

You know, maybe Microsoft is learning. Usually they announce a product well in advance and then fail to meet deadlines and even all the announced functionality. With their iOS apps though, they've been releasing them at the same time as announcements, or have not bother to announce them at all. Then again, they haven't released anything as significant as an official Office app either.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thats cool if Microsoft does it but Ive been just smitten with Quick Office Pro HD for my office needs. Works great, its stable, and does what I need it to.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had Office HD since I got my Ipad 1 in May 2010. The developer has been very responsive to support and requests and its been constantly updated. I've noted that MS is planning an Office app but I'll wait until it launches to see if its reviews feel its much better than Office HD.

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use docs to go on both my iPhone and iPad. I downloaded the app on my computer to sync all the files I need or use. Also synced it with my my google account and drop box. It's great.

EricDubDub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kingnba6 said:
I use docs to go on both my iPhone and iPad. I downloaded the app on my computer to sync all the files I need or use. Also synced it with my my google account and drop box. It's great.

Did you try Pages and Number ?

OP
N

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EricDubDub said:
Did you try Pages and Number ?

I've used pages a few times. I used it only last week to try and create myself a new cv. I gave up after an hour.

Last edited:

aac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Office Plus which allows you to create, import and edit ms word, excel and I think even PowerPoint.

Most reactions

Latest posts