What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft kills Courier

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is bad for the ipad in the long term. If there isn't competition, there isn't a real reason that Apple is pushed to make it better. Even if the slate and courier were crappy products, there would have been something that was a good feature.

I understand what you are trying to say, thing is competition can be good to help lower prices for the consumer however I don't think lack of competition will have any impact overall on the iPad evolving to be better and better

DUDE LOSE THE LINK IN YOUR SIGNATURE THAT GOES TO: myPadMedia | Download Unlimited eBooks, Comic Books, & Newspapers for the iPad Tablet

IT IS A WELL KNOWN SCAM SITE !!!

FINE PRINT FROM mypadmedia.com

myPadMedia.com is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Apple or the iPad team.
myPadMedia.com does not provide a direct database for downloading. myPadMedia.com provides members with the necessary software, tutorials & unlimited technical support for their downloading needs.

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The big future is not in touch tables, but in TVs that blend into a wall when not in use and will go into every room. They may take the form of pictures at first, or false windows that can show what is outside the wall. Something like the iPad will be used to control the screen and also function as a mobile computer. Linking processors will allow the use of external devices and multitasking of a whole new form. Imagine being miles away and your home computer is doing complex functions and sending he results to your iPad.

With big screens that mimic windows, a building can be more secure and still give an airy feeling. The video feeds can also be used to detect intruders thru infrared detection and video.

There will be a limited demand for touch tables, but they restrict movement and our whole need is to compute on the go.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, Surface...

I actually got to use this thing last year at a studio that did some dev for it. It's pretty choppy and not nearly as smooth as an iPad...but the interface (while dated now) is actually pretty cool and very NOT windows. It shows that MS does "get" touch devices...they just don't know how to market them!

As with everything else over time it will improve and become cheaper. Remember how bad LCD monitors were when they first came out? Quite expensive too!

I'm actually working there this week.

1272752305735.jpg

There it is, the fabled surface computer...lol.

The crazy things you see in Hollywood....I worked at a company 2 years ago that had a big screen auto stereo display...that thing was bad ass!!

I was looking at it today and thinking....doesn't it kinda look like a giant iPad?

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm actually working there this week.

1272752305735.jpg

There it is, the fabled surface computer...lol.

The crazy things you see in Hollywood....I worked at a company 2 years ago that had a big screen auto stereo display...that thing was bad ass!!

I was looking at it today and thinking....doesn't it kinda look like a giant iPad?

How about making some Vids for us and posting them here?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did somebody notice, that the video is already two years old. And the narator speaks of "public availlability in 2007".

That is a truely successful product then...... First time I did see these kind of computers in that fancy SciFi thriller "Minority Report" from 2002.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could say that I was on the fence, that was kind of he deciding factor for me.
Obviously the competition couldn't get the job done with the same quality.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That isn't surprising me. Everybody is complaining about Apple's closed systems.....but that is exactly the point. If you want to really control your systems, then you need to take control of hard- and software.

That's why Apple's products are typically more usable and more sophisticated.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That isn't surprising me. Everybody is complaining about Apple's closed systems.....but that is exactly the point. If you want to really control your systems, then you need to take control of hard- and software.

People complaining about a closed os don't seem to understand that windows is VERY much a closed system.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score

People complaining about a closed os don't seem to understand that windows is VERY much a closed system.

I wouldn't exactly agree with that - at least I can copy files on my Windows PC, lol. Still love my iPhone and lusting after my future iPad.

I'm jailbreaking just for that reason. I want to drag files into my iPad and you know - be able to use them.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I wouldn't exactly agree with that - at least I can copy files on my Windows PC, lol. Still love my iPhone and lusting after my future iPad.

I'm jailbreaking just for that reason. I want to drag files into my iPad and you know - be able to use them.

I just jail broke mine yesterday and it's so awesome....multitasking ftw!

Most reactions

Latest posts