What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master iPad Pro Accessories Thread

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, my doctor was yelling at me. My normal method of using all my iPads is to sit curled up on the couch or chair with the iPad in my lap. My head was always tilted down to look at the iPad, which was putting strain on my neck and affecting my back and posture.

So, the doctor told me that I've got to get the iPad closer to my eyes to stop hurting my neck and to have better sitting posture. So, I got this:

Amazon.com: LEVO G2 Essential Tablet Floor Stand for all Best Tablet PCs, iPads, iPad Mini, New iPad Pro, Galaxy, Nexus, Xoom, Surface Pro, Miix, Nook, Fire, and Other Tablets and e Readers Black Color: Computers & Accessories

It's a wonderful floor stand that is [surprisingly?] sturdy! Here it is as I am sat here typing this (with barely a wiggle while I use the on-screen keyboard):

e431aae4222fd6da7954be65196641a0.jpg

And, here's a closeup of the iPad Pro in the stand:

55e7ff0cdbada7b9f256f20168dc3839.jpg

As you can see, it just fits, but the bungee cord fasteners keep it nice and secure.

What I like about it that (1) I can lift my head up and browse, (2) the swivel arm means I can move it out of my way or use it in a different position/chair and (3) the 360° swivel head that allows me to easily go from portrait to landscape to portrait to landscape ... :)

I've never tried to use the stand with an iPad with a cover - but it works great for one without it. I really have no worries about the safety and stability of the Pro in this thing.

So, there's my current favorite iPad Pro "accessory." Makes things better for me all-around.

Marilyn

Since the evolution of iPads and tablets, I have had to include proper postural education when using gadgets for my patients with neck/spinal issues. It is such a common issue these days...and unfortunately I deal with a sore neck way too often, myself! Thanks for the info. I'll be sharing this with patients! :)

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My chiropractor told me the same thing when I was seeing him. He called it Text Neck. I like that stand, but in my room the base takes up too much room. I may look for something similar in the future.

I did break down and get the Zoogue Genius Exec case finally. I couldn't wait any longer for the Magnetic case, since the company couldn't give me an exact date on when it would be released. I'm liking it so far. Waiting for a laptop bag to come from amazon, so I can be mobile with my IPP.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, my doctor was yelling at me. My normal method of using all my iPads is to sit curled up on the couch or chair with the iPad in my lap. My head was always tilted down to look at the iPad, which was putting strain on my neck and affecting my back and posture.

So, the doctor told me that I've got to get the iPad closer to my eyes to stop hurting my neck and to have better sitting posture. So, I got this:

Amazon.com: LEVO G2 Essential Tablet Floor Stand for all Best Tablet PCs, iPads, iPad Mini, New iPad Pro, Galaxy, Nexus, Xoom, Surface Pro, Miix, Nook, Fire, and Other Tablets and e Readers Black Color: Computers & Accessories

It's a wonderful floor stand that is [surprisingly?] sturdy! Here it is as I am sat here typing this (with barely a wiggle while I use the on-screen keyboard):

e431aae4222fd6da7954be65196641a0.jpg

And, here's a closeup of the iPad Pro in the stand:

55e7ff0cdbada7b9f256f20168dc3839.jpg

As you can see, it just fits, but the bungee cord fasteners keep it nice and secure.

What I like about it that (1) I can lift my head up and browse, (2) the swivel arm means I can move it out of my way or use it in a different position/chair and (3) the 360° swivel head that allows me to easily go from portrait to landscape to portrait to landscape ... :)

I've never tried to use the stand with an iPad with a cover - but it works great for one without it. I really have no worries about the safety and stability of the Pro in this thing.

So, there's my current favorite iPad Pro "accessory." Makes things better for me all-around.

Marilyn

Marilyn,
I can get this stand right now for $69 on amazon and was thinking to get it. It said in some reviews that it's a tight fit, which your second photo shows. I don't go naked on my Ipad Pro, I always at least have the back cover on it, but it's not too thick. My question is, should I go with the bigger Deluxe Levo G2 stand, because maybe the Base on that one will hold the IPP better and might be bigger?
I could also contact the company too. Thanks.
Andy

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marilyn,
I can get this stand right now for $69 on amazon and was thinking to get it. It said in some reviews that it's a tight fit, which your second photo shows. I don't go naked on my Ipad Pro, I always at least have the back cover on it, but it's not too thick. My question is, should I go with the bigger Deluxe Levo G2 stand, because maybe the Base on that one will hold the IPP better and might be bigger?
I could also contact the company too. Thanks.
Andy

I don't think the base is any different than the one I have. On Amazon's page for that deluxe stand (Amazon.com: LEVO Deluxe iPad Floor Stand for all Best Tablet PCs, iPads, iPad Mini, New iPad Pro, Galaxy, Nexus, Xoom, Surface Pro, Miix, Nook, Fire, and Other Tablets and e Readers Gunmetal Color - G2: Computers & Accessories), the third picture shows a tablet mounted that says it's the iPad Pro. That picture looks exactly as my iPP does when it's in the stand. So, I'm thinking they are the same size. And, given that there still is "room" in the bungees, I'm thinking your iPP in its case will fit fine, width-wise, on the one I have.

I'll tell you I am never worried about the stability of the stand, that it'll tip over. I'm typing this with the iPP on it right now and it's pretty steady. A little jiggle, but that's cause I'm tapping the screen. And, it's light enough that I can pick it up and take with me should I move to a different chair.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: don't get the bigger stand cause you think the mount surface is bigger; I don't think it is. And, the angled base is sturdy enough that I don't think the square one withe wheels would be much better.

So, in my opinion, I'd save yourself a lotta bucks and go with the one that's $69. That's a great price!

YMMV.

Marilyn

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, Marilyn. I was hoping it was the same size. I'm glad I can save money now. I want to use it for my neck, because it bothers me a lot from the tablet and phone use. So Hoping the stand is stable enough to draw on also. That's my main use for it while in my Recliner. I still have to look down somewhat, but not as bad as my lap. I'll let you know how I like it when I get it.

I do like your stand's base better, because the more expensive Deluxe Stand has a 12x12 base on wheels and I have a little over 13" of space between the recliner and my shelves in my bedroom. So a tight fit with that one. This cheaper model someone said in a review that you can place it at 90 degrees, one side along the front and one along the side of the chair or recliner. So works perfect for my limited space in my bedroom.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I ordered it on Amazon Marilyn, and after doing some more reading, I cancelled the Order. The reach on the Essentials Stand is only 13.5" to the middle of the tablet, which means even though I'm right-handed, it would not sit in the center of my recliner. I can see it being uncomfortable for drawing with my body turned to the right to draw in the recliner.

I measured and the larger deluxe floor stand is 18" and that puts it directly in the middle of my Recliner. So the company said they would match Brookstone, because I told them they had it $20 cheaper online. So Brookstone offered the free shipping also. Went back to the company and so did they, so got the deluxe stand for a good price and even bought a set of extra Bungee Cords for it. I just hope the base is not too big for the area I have available. It's going to be tight, but I should manage.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you're going to like it! I'm so spoiled by this stand (as is my cat, cause now he can sit in my lap). It now feels weird when I hold the iPP in my lap. [emoji4]

I don't have/use a recliner and I curl up in a chair or on the couch, so I never thought about the arm reach. I can have the stand on the outside or the inside of the chair/couch leg, so I can always put it where I want it.

Regardless, that's awesome that you got a good deal. Congrats and please let us know what you think of the stand when you get it.

Marilyn

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has the official back case for the iPad pro 12.9 inch in addition to the Smart Cover and uses them simultaneously together? I need to know if when flipped back behind the iPad does the Smart Cover still stick to the back magnetically even though the back cover is on it.... Thanks very much for any help in this matter!

:)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has the official back case for the iPad pro 12.9 inch in addition to the Smart Cover and uses them simultaneously together? I need to know if when flipped back behind the iPad does the Smart Cover still stick to the back magnetically even though the back cover is on it.... Thanks very much for any help in this matter!

:)
The Smart Cover will stick to the back of the iPad Pro case. It does on mine.

Last edited:

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Smart Cover will stick to the back or the iPad Pro case. It does on mine.

Thanks! I was hoping it would... Don't want that 12.9" Smart Cover flapping around all over the place! Thanks again! I already have the Smart Cover. Will probably get the back cover this weekend. Up until now I've been using the smart cover but also a sleeve. When I get the back cover I'll stop using the sleeve... Should be a better solution all around.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, I think I've found the perfect case for my pencil - a chopsticks holder:

f679c30a7422f6cc4ad90fc125e62ac8.jpg

The inside part slides up/out and the pencil fits in perfectly. I'm sure it would rattle, but given that I have the Cozy tether piece on it, it doesn't rattle. I have put a piece of a cotton ball on the bottom to protect the tip.

The only thing "wrong" with it is that it's not quite wide enough for the Cozy, so I have to keep the cap off. However, as you can see, it still fits and it's easy to put the cap on when I take out the pencil.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with this hard "case."

Marilyn

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was going to get the official case for the back of my 12.9 inch iPad Pro and use it with the Smart Cover but I decided on something a little different... I picked up a Targus case in brown leather from Best Buy...

index.jpg

817QYHfY2YL._SL1200_.jpg

So far I'm loving it!!

Its got that feature where it rotates the iPad to portrait or back to landscape when propped up in the stand mode. It doesn't recline very far even at it's lowest angle but it's good enough for my purposes... mainly I got it because it's pretty much a perfect match with my Jack Spade New York brown leather folio cover on my iPhone 6 Plus...

It also has a strap to secure the front cover in place when closed and a circle window for the Apple logo to show in back. So far I'm pleased with this case.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@ Marilyn, I got the Stand yesterday, put it together no problem. I used it last night and works great for when I'm in my recliner, even for drawing. I do like that it can do Portrait and Landscape. It does bounce a little bit when typing, but it's a good stand and glad I got it. Definitely feeling the affects of looking down at tablets for almost 4 years, so nice to give my neck a break now. Thanks for posting yours or I never would have gotten it.

I will say that even though the bands hold it securely, I just have my back cover on it and it does sag down a bit. I should probably make the bands a little tighter. They sometimes get in the way of something I need to push on the screen, but very easy to just move the band a bit to push whatever.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you like it, Andy! I'm telling you, I don't know if I can ever go back to holding an iPad in my lap. This stand is so convenient - and light enough to pick up and carry from seat to seat in my living room.

And yeah, when I first put in my iPad (every morning, after charging), I do have to carefully position the one band because if I don't, the odds are I'm messing with the power button or the volume controls. But, once sorted, it's good for the day. And, I use Assistive Touch, so I can control the volume and sleep with that; no need to mess with the physical buttons.

I'm happy you're happy with it - and welcome to the "Text Neck" Recovery Club!

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts