What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I sync my iPad without syncing my apps?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to sync other stuff but not the apps. Every time I sync the damn apps iTunes rearranges every damn app I have and it drives me up the wall.

But if you uncheck "sync apps" then it tells you it wants to delete all of them from your iPad.

Is there any way around this?

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PC, Vista x64...I'm jailbroken too if that helps...probably what is causing the issue, although honestly this happened to a lesser extent BEFORE I jailbroke. Freakin' iTunes.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Up until the last year I used a PC (and still do for numerous tasks) but I started syncing using a Mac and have found it to be more reliable. I haven't had any problems with my apps getting moved around, probably has nothing to do with Windows, but thought I would get that info out there in case someone else can help more. I actually found it more convenient to arrange them in iTunes, but I do move a new app around to the right screen once in a while.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, but you said it was being wacky before you jail broke it too though, right?

And I'm considering jail breaking it. Never did my phone, that was too necessary, but if the iPad was down for a day, I could live, not happily, but live nonetheless. The idea of SNES simulator sounds awesome.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it did screw it up but not as often.

nicksamba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having the same issue. Only the apps from ins
tallous are getting deleted which does make sense.

Any ideas?

mickyirish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved my applications from the iTunes directory (subfolder Mobile Applications) to a slave drive including any new ones added as they are added and this not only saves HD space but also gives one message on iTunes to which you reply no.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Must be a jailbreak issue. I sync at least one daily, and my app icons have never been rearranged.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved my applications from the iTunes directory (subfolder Mobile Applications) to a slave drive including any new ones added as they are added and this not only saves HD space but also gives one message on iTunes to which you reply no.

What do you do when you add a new app?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Must be a jailbreak issue. I sync at least one daily, and my app icons have never been rearranged.

Yep me too, i have experienced to have device JB so now it’s just no way i did it again The pro JB will say it work like charm, no trouble but since you start to talk a little more they will admit time to time they have to reformat the device …

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well mine did this before, before I jailbroke, so that's not completely the case. It used to arrange about 75% of my apps in ABC order for some reason.

mickyirish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Move the new applications to the slave drive as and when you add them to the iPad. ITunes keeps record of the files you have added and will even prompt for upgrades or duplicates even though they are not in the Mobile Applications folder.

Most reactions

Latest posts